Adley Autograph Caravan Changes

Orioles0615

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Sure..and the Os look like dogsh!t for doing it, which isn’t unusual for them.

You have no idea the intentions of anyone buying a ticket. So, you are just making assumptions and taking it away from the kids/adults who want one to keep.

This has nothing to do with that. This is a time thing. They sold a lot of tickets and don’t want Adley to sit there for hours doing this.  He may have even said no to it. 

If they oversold the autograph tickets for the hour allotment time ,then that is the Orioles fault. Photos take longer even then autographs.Various circumstances. Maybe because it is National Homemade Soup Day and Adley doesn't want to have a sore hand for this.

43 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

If they oversold the autograph tickets for the hour allotment time ,then that is the Orioles fault. Photos take longer even then autographs.Various circumstances. Maybe because it is National Homemade Soup Day and Adley doesn't want to have a sore hand for this.

Adley will already have spent two hours bowling as part of another event earlier in that day.   And later that afternoon he will be spending two hours as a celebrity bartender at Checkerspot Brewing.

Bowling.
Signing autographs.
Pouring beers.

All very hand-intensive activities.    I hope he doesn't come down with carpal tunnel syndrome or something that will affect his catching ability.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Adley will already have spent two hours bowling as part of another event earlier in that day.   And later that afternoon he will be spending two hours as a celebrity bartender at Checkerspot Brewing.

Bowling.
Signing autographs.
Pouring beers.

All very hand-intensive activities.    I hope he doesn't come down with carpal tunnel syndrome or something that will affect his catching ability.

And his contract extension signing. Orioles see all the Rays contract extensions and got jealous.

3 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

And so what if they were? They bought a ticket. It’s their right to do it if they want to.

I think it’s kind of nauseating.  Are the O’s  donating the proceeds to charity as they’ve done previously?   

Anyway, I assume the special rules are because we don’t want Adley getting unnecessary blisters on his fingers two weeks before pitchers and catchers report.  😉

Ah, the good old days when FanFest was at the Convention Center and autograph tickets for 3 people were $25 and that money went to charity (either a real one, or an Angelo's mistresses name,) which included an Orioles Hall of Famer.

This is just an embarrassment.

Just when you thought the Orioles PR couldn't set the bar any lower, they break out their limbo skills.

1 hour ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Ah, the good old days when FanFest was at the Convention Center and autograph tickets for 3 people were $25 and that money went to charity (either a real one, or an Angelo's mistresses name,) which included an Orioles Hall of Famer.

This is just an embarrassment.

Just when you thought the Orioles PR couldn't set the bar any lower, they break out their limbo skills.

They had real charities. One year I worked one, the proceeds went to the Haitian earthquake. Akways had at least the proceeds go to a charity. I see nothing about anything going to charities.

Based on the poor authograph sales except for Adley,not a very well done plan  

Edited by Going Underground

4 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

This is sad on many levels. The Orioles didn't realize this till four days before the signing? Or no discussion because of whatever National Day it is 

I do wonder if Orioles were contacted last minute about this. They should have known this going into it though.  

So there are 200 signing per station? 

4 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I do wonder if Orioles were contacted last minute about this. They should have known this going into it though.  

So there are 200 signing per station? 

About 646 left ,sorry Saw how to check online.

On desktop or laptop (not phone) click into links for each individual session at http://orioles.com/caravan like you're going to buy. You can move the number up and down to see max number of autograph tix remaining for each session. Hays/Kriehbel for example has 135 left