Lawsuit dropped between Angelos parties

Going Underground

The dueling lawsuits over control of the Orioles and other assets of longtime team owner Peter Angelos are being dropped by the parties, according to a court document.

It says the suits, pitting members of one of Baltimore’s most famous families against one another, are withdrawn and cannot be refiled. It also means the end of a bitter, public feud between Angelos’ sons— one of them aligned with their mother— over a fortune estimated to be worth more than a billion dollars.

The four-page document, obtained by The Baltimore Sun, is dated Friday and has been signed electronically by an attorney for each Angelos family member, including a lawyer who the court appointed to represent Peter Angelos’ interests. As of Sunday, it had not yet appeared in the state court system’s online index of legal filings and hearings.

6 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

It said that Peter Angelos had a court appointed lawyer, is that usual or would he have a high priced lawyer like you?😀

I know the lawyer, Ben Rosenberg, who was appointed to represent Angelos.   Smart, decent guy who is the name partner of very good Baltimore firm.  He was appointed by the court but that doesn’t mean he’s the equivalent of a guy appointed to defend an indigent defendant.  Not at all.  I’m sure he was well paid for his work.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, interloper said:

Nice to know it can't be refiled.

Think there's been some kind of settlement?

Absolutely.   But we’ll never know the terms.  Personally, I doubt Lou got too much out of it.   One thing that’s not clear to me is what happens with the conservatorship that the court placed over the law firm.  

• Upvote 1