The 2023 Happy Talk Thread

Frobby

7 minutes ago, Daddy-O's said:

I can't remember a spring training where I was just as excited, maybe more, to see the guys who won't make the opening day roster.

I think that's definitely the case.

Kjerstad, Ortiz, Westburg, Cowser, Holiday, Mayo, Norby are all more interesting and exciting than half the position players expected to make the team this year. Expecting to see all of them get a shot between now and the end of 24, even Holiday.

7 hours ago, 24fps said:

When the O's eliminated the Red Sox from the post season on September 28, 2011 in the bottom of the 9th set up an off season that convinced me and a lot of others that a corner had been turned.  I really looked forward to seeing what would happen in 2012 but never expected the team to be as good as it turned out to be that year.

It was great to be an O's fan from 2012 to the middle of 2018.  I get the feeling that we as fans are on a similar threshold right now.  Hopefully it will last a lot longer this time.

One of the greatest nights of baseball in a long time and the beginning of the DD/Buck run.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, terpoh said:

Was at the game today (2/26 @ Tigers) 

The young guys certainly looked the part.

-Vavra had two impressive diving plays at third and was spraying line drives all over the place.

-Norby hits the absolute snot out of the ball. His double was a line drive that short hopped the wall in center, along with another single.

-Stowers had a nice oppo base hit.

-Povich was very impressive. Stuff was electric.

-Holliday worked the count well in both plate appearances and made a nice running double play turn at SS. 

-Cowser worked the count like anticipated. 

-Westburg had a hit and a walk where he worked the count from 0-2

-Prieto crushed a ball to deep RC which short hopped the wall.

-Kjerstad with another hit (infield hit)

-Mayo just looks like a big leaguer. Beast.

Thanks. I really appreciate this

31 minutes ago, terpoh said:

Was at the game today (2/26 @ Tigers) 

The young guys certainly looked the part.

-Vavra had two impressive diving plays at third and was spraying line drives all over the place.

-Norby hits the absolute snot out of the ball. His double was a line drive that short hopped the wall in center, along with another single.

-Stowers had a nice oppo base hit.

-Povich was very impressive. Stuff was electric.

-Holliday worked the count well in both plate appearances and made a nice running double play turn at SS. 

-Cowser worked the count like anticipated. 

-Westburg had a hit and a walk where he worked the count from 0-2

-Prieto crushed a ball to deep RC which short hopped the wall.

-Kjerstad with another hit (infield hit)

-Mayo just looks like a big leaguer. Beast.

Just add the catcher and you have a heck of a lineup and bench.

This is probably the best shape the baseball operations have been in since the 70’s. 

92-97 was fun. So was 2012-16. The process of building those teams was  solid buy not as sound as this. 

The Orioles are back to being a model franchise in terms of being a well ran baseball ops machine. 

• Upvote 2