2023 Ongoing Lineup Thread

Ripken

If I was Elias, I would be scheduling a meeting with the Braves GM when we go to Atlanta the 1st week next month. Max Fried has expressed an interest in being traded for contract reasons as he's in the final 2 seasons of arbitration.  Elias should start discussions to feel each side out to see if any type of a deal might be possible. The Braves lost their shortstop in the offseason and we're overstocked on very talented shortstops.

Back to the lineup: I'd post today's lineup, but I think the game is going to be rained out unless they play it late like it was a west coast game.

Edited by Billy F-Face3

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Vavra is on the team because they don’t care if he doesn’t get consistent at bats. He’s not an everyday player, so this is the only role he has a chance to master. 

But so is O'Hearn as well so we have 2 dead spots out of 13 with limited functionality, 3 counting McKenna.

2 hours ago, Just Regular said:

Except for Ohtani/Burnes/Woodruff, whose teams are doing well enough, this early in the year team performances are maybe thin tea leaves.   

In my MLB The Show franchise, the Brewers were falling out of contention at the trade deadline, so I was able to trade Vavra, Connor Norby, and Cole Irvin for Woodruff lol.  It’s too bad Woodruff is hurt in real life though. 

57 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I'd post today's lineup, but I think the game is going to be rained out unless they play it late like it was a west coast game.

Tonight's game will be played, and the worst of the rain should be out of Baltimore in plenty of time to start on time.

Edited by rm5678

29 minutes ago, AnythingO's said:

But so is O'Hearn as well so we have 2 dead spots out of 13 with limited functionality, 3 counting McKenna.

McKenna doesn’t belong in that group. 

They all have purpose. People act like every Ml team doesn’t have players like this. 

22 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

McKenna doesn’t belong in that group. They all have purpose. People act like every Ml team doesn’t have players like this. 

Agreed, McKenna has a defined role that is needed. Whether he is the right guy is another matter. That's not where I was going anyway. After the starting 9 we have McKenna and a Util If (i.e. Urias) and backup catcher. That's with OHearn at DH. So Vavra is 2nd Util IF or 5th OF or backup DH, none of which he is a good choice for. Then Santander is forced to play RF very day which is not good for him staying healthy, he should play the field maybe 50% and DH the rest. Playing O'Hearn anywhere but DH is not a defensive upgrade. This lineup construction is NOT more versatile, it is limiting Hyde's options to unsuitable players.