Ramon Urias 2023

Just Regular

2 hours ago, LA2 said:

Hi. What was the first defensive play (not the DP)?

It was in in first inning.  Slow chopper near the 3B bag, Urias got there quickly and made a quick release throw to 1B with just enough on it for Mountcastle to snag it at shoe top level.   It’s one of those plays where you’ve got to decide instantly whether to opt for a quick release or load up to fire harder.  Urias is very good at making those decisions.  His internal clock is very good.  

• Upvote 3

Thank you for making this topic. I was over here thinking about Ramon and debating whether I should make a topic just to ask about him.  I didn't want to make one that might have been posted already.

Anyone hear how Ramon is doing? I can't imagine he will play tomorrow. I just hope he's feeling fine.

10 hours ago, emmett16 said:

Have a feeling if/when Ortiz comes up it’s gonna be tough to send him down.  Considered me astonished if Ortiz is getting ABs in MLB while Stowers and Westburg are sitting in AAA. 

As to Stowers, it’s a matter of an infielder getting hurt, so he is not needed.  Nothing astonishing about it.  Westburg vs. Ortiz would be a tougher choice, but with Ortiz on the 40-man he probably gets the nod.  

10 hours ago, emmett16 said:

Have a feeling if/when Ortiz comes up it’s gonna be tough to send him down.  Considered me astonished if Ortiz is getting ABs in MLB while Stowers and Westburg are sitting in AAA. 

Ortiz is 6 months older. I am guessing he was Rule 5 eligible and Westburg wasn't. Unless you want to push someone off our 40 man roster or lose Ortiz it makes sense for Ortiz to be the first add and for Westburg to wait. 

Stowers is in AAA because he isn't great at defense and isn't a better hitter than Santander or our DH options. Eve Rosenbaum had a good explanation of this the other day. Now, you could make an argument to trade Stowers or trade someone to make room for Stowers, but for now he doesn't really have a role.