Looks like this is how the rotation shakes out

interloper

On 3/27/2023 at 1:34 PM, Three Run Homer said:

I'm basing my opinion on how he has pitched since returning from his injury.  I don't think it's a long-term problem, but why not let him work the kinks out in AAA and then promote him once he is firing on all cylinders?  

I went back looked at his AAA numbers and let’s just say I found them be less than inspiring even before the injury. He was only able to get past the 7 th once and through five a couple times. The strikeouts were good but too many walks. The kids got great stuff but after his struggles last year and this spring it’s clear he has somethings to iron out. 

6 minutes ago, jrobb21613 said:

I went back looked at his AAA numbers and let’s just say I found them be less than inspiring even before the injury. He was only able to get past the 7 th once and through five a couple times. The strikeouts were good but too many walks. The kids got great stuff but after his struggles last year and this spring it’s clear he has somethings to iron out. 

Prior to his injury, the team was limiting Grayson’s innings, hoping to save them fir after his expected promotion.   It’s not like he was bumping 100 pitches in 5 innings.  And too many walks?  He walked 14 batters in 56 innings.  That’s excellent.   2.09 ERA, 0.84 WHIP, 12.9 K/9, 5.7 K/BB, .478 OPSA is “less than inspiring?”   On what planet?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Prior to his injury, the team was limiting Grayson’s innings, hoping to save them fir after his expected promotion.   It’s not like he was bumping 100 pitches in 5 innings.  And too many walks?  He walked 14 batters in 56 innings.  That’s excellent.   2.09 ERA, 0.84 WHIP, 12.9 K/9, 5.7 K/BB, .478 OPSA is “less than inspiring?”   On what planet?

The land of unrealistic expectations. 

16 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

The land of unrealistic expectations. 

So you have to outperform 2.09/0.84/12.9 to have a realistic expectation of success? Grayson is a top 10 MLB prospect and many have him as the #1 pitching prospect. What a strange and absurd thing to say.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

So you have to outperform 2.09/0.84/12.9 to have a realistic expectation of success? Grayson is a top 10 MLB prospect and many have him as the #1 pitching prospect. What a strange and absurd thing to say.

You clearly misunderstood him.  I asked on what planet were those numbers less than inspiring.  Corn answered in the land of unrealistic expectations.   In other words, it’s unrealistic to think Grayson would nave done better than that.  

18 minutes ago, Frobby said:

You clearly misunderstood him.  I asked on what planet were those numbers less than inspiring.  Corn answered in the land of unrealistic expectations.   In other words, it’s unrealistic to think Grayson would nave done better than that.  

Lol I was in the land of very confused.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

His home/road splits you are referencing had a different stadium as home.

Hyde going to avoid pitching him everywhere but Oakland?

No. If I have the ability to avoid hitters parks I would do it that’s all. I don’t expect them to reconfigure the rotation to do it. This just provided an opportunity. 

Camden will play much better for him obviously then if he pitched here pre LF being moved.