Roster moves at the end of ST

wildcard

This is the "final cuts" list. 

"The Orioles have optioned RHP Grayson Rodriguez to Triple-A Norfolk and reassigned RHP Eduard Bazardo, OF Daz Cameron, RHP Reed Garrett, C Maverick Handley, INF Josh Lester, INF Ryan O'Hearn and INF Jordan Westburg to Triple-A Norfolk.

In addition, they have granted INF/OF Franchy Cordero and OF Nomar Mazara their releases."--MASN post

The only non rostered player I see left is Bemboom.

McKenna is probably safe.

18 pitchers  left including Mean, Tate and Givens who are probably headed for the IL. So 15.

Gibson, Kremer, Bradish, Irvin, Wells

10 relievers.  Pick 8

Bautista, Perez, Akin, Baker, Baumann, Gillaspie, Krehbiel, Voth, Coulombe, Politi

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

This is really annoying:

The idea that Roch feels he can lump Stowers with those guys is sickening. He should have a definitive every day role. 

I have no idea how those guys are battling for "the last spot". There are 13 position players spots:

C- Rutschman
1B: Mountcastle
2B: Frazier
SS: Mateo
3B: Henderson
LF: Hays
CF: Mullins
RF: I'll just stick Santander here
DH:
Backup catcher: McCann
Utility: Urias

That's 10 players that made the team for sure. How can Stowers (who should be the everyday RF), Vavra and McKenna not be the last three players depending on waiver pick ups. And who are they going to pick up that would send Stowers to AAA? 

I just don't get this at all.

1 minute ago, spleen1015 said:

It's weird man. The FO doesn't have enough faith in Vavra & Stowers to break camp with them on the roster without checking waivers first?

WTF could be wrong with these guys that the FO first decides to give Aguilar ABs last year and this BS this year?

He can't resist the urge.

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

This is really annoying:

The idea that Roch feels he can lump Stowers with those guys is sickening. He should have a definitive every day role. 

Why do you care what a non reporter reports ? Connolly broke the Coloumbe  story and the  Banner the Grayson to the minor leagues  The Politi story  was first reported by a guy from the Boston Globe.

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

I have no idea how those guys are battling for "the last spot". There are 13 position players spots:

C- Rutschman
1B: Mountcastle
2B: Frazier
SS: Mateo
3B: Henderson
LF: Hays
CF: Mullins
RF: I'll just stick Santander here
DH:
Backup catcher: McCann
Utility: Urias

That's 10 players that made the team for sure. How can Stowers (who should be the everyday RF), Vavra and McKenna not be the last three players depending on waiver pick ups. And who are they going to pick up that would send Stowers to AAA? 

I just don't get this at all.

Their not. They are battling for the last three spots with Cordero, Ohearn Cameron and Westburg. With those guys either released or sent down, they are in battle for the last 3 spots with themselves which means they make the team.  

1 hour ago, Going Underground said:

Why do you care what a non reporter reports ? Connolly broke the Coloumbe  story and the  Banner the Grayson to the minor leagues  The Politi story  was first reported by a guy from the Boston Globe.

In Roch’s defense, he was serving as the color man on today’s TV broadcast.  He wasn’t in a position to be writing stories.  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2