Predicting 2023 Opening Day Lineup and Predictions (Edit: It's posted)

RVAOsFan

1 hour ago, Orioles Jim said:

Pretty sure that will be it, yes. Though putting the Gold Glover at DH will make me chuckle. 

I guess Hyde heard me! I get it, wanting to reward Urias’ Gold Glove

I do wish this line-up would have had Henderson in the field (somehow) and Stowers and even Vavra.

Oh well, plenty of season. 

8 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

So Henderson must not be 100% healthy then?? Right???

He's probably fine. They HAVE to have Frazier in the lineup because he cost $8 million, so you are not going to bench him for Urias. Urias is a veteran who hits Kluber well so they wanted him in the lineup and honestly, he is the reigning GG winner at 3B, so they probably gave him the nod at 3B. 

At the end of the day, they wanted Urias' bat in against Kluber and clearly still value Mateo's defense at SS over Henderson. 

And we all know, if one player has to be left out of the starting lineup that should be in there, it's going to be Stowers. Sig's computer absolutely hates that young man. :D

Basically the Orioles are saying they value Frazier's defense at 2B over Urias at 2B so much that it will offset the loss of offense Stowers brings vs Frazier. 

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

He's probably fine. They HAVE to have Frazier in the lineup because cost $8 million, so you are not going to bench him for Urias. Urias is a veteran who hits Kluber well so they wanted him in the lineup and honestly, he is the reigning GG winner at 3B, so they probably gave him the nod at 3B. 

At the end of the day, they wanted Urias' bat in against Kluber and clearly still value Mateo's defense at SS over Henderson. 

And we all know, if one player has to be left out of the starting lineup that should be in there, it's going to be Stowers. Sig's computer absolutely hates that young man. :D

Ironically, and I know you're kidding, but it's actually old school stuff that dictated this lineup today.  Respect and rewarding past performance, etc.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Pickles said:

Ironically, and I know you're kidding, but it's actually old school stuff that dictated this lineup today.  Respect and rewarding past performance, etc.

I agree honestly. Let's see how things are mostly shaking out after about a week or two of games. That will hold much more weight than the opening day lineup.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Urias hits Kluber very well and we do know that Elias/Sig's computer likes matchups. I still think we are going to see a healthy amount of Mateo at SS. Now, I would not put it past the Orioles to start Mateo at AA, Urias at 2B and Frazier in LF, because afterall, this is a team that started Rio Ruiz in 2B with very limited experience there one season. 

This is also a team that benched Stowers in favor of Aguilar despite his great success against lefties in the minors. So honestly, I have very little faith they will put the lineup out there that I think is best. But then again, I actually like Stowers.

I think that they were trying to groom him as a comeback player to flip him in a trade

1 minute ago, Pickles said:

I don't have a problem with that today or for the home opener...beyond that, however, if we see Stowers regularly on the bench and Frazier on the field over him, I'll have an issue.

• Upvote 1

• Tony-OH changed the title to Predicting 2023 Opening Day Lineup and Predictions (Edit: It's posted)

Here's my prediction for today's game.

Frazier goes 3-for-4 with a walk and two defensive gems as the Orioles beat Kluber and the Red Sox 3-2 in a cold two hour and ten minute affair.

Shortly thereafter, all of the Frazier supporters claim they were right that Frazier was a great pickup and they begin the crafting their broze idol of Elias! :D

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Pretty disappointing OD lineup, unless Gunnar isn't fully healthy. 

Frazier AND Mateo over Stowers is disheartening. 

It's opening day and veterans typically get the nod on opening day. Let's see a week or so worth of lineups before I'll get too concerned. I doubt Henderson is going to DH a lot this year.