DL Hall 2023

justD

Hall pitched and went 3 inning gave up 3 runs on 5 hits 2 walks and 6 strikeouts on 70 pitches.  Definitely not pitch efficient but I am not sure how he looked.  2 of the hits were infield variety and one of the runs scored on a fielders choice grounder that was hit to slow to turn 2 and get him out of inning.  The good thing is he went 70 pitches bad thing is he only went 3 innings.  All 9 outs were 6 strikeouts a weak grounder, a pop up, and a pick off.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Hall pitched and did not have great command but didn't give up much hard contact either. Was hurt by two poor defensive plays by O'Hearn in Rf and Norby at 2B. He got 15 WHIFFs in 70 pitches. 

Screenshot2023-04-04194051.thumb.png.753e6acc49d54a852bb423aefa979507.png

I like the whiff rate on off speed stuff which shows they gearing up for fast ball.  His two issues for me are command of fastball and would like to see bigger difference from fastball to change.  If he gets that in the 10-12 range it will be huge in producing more weak contact and help his pitch efficiency.  

2 hours ago, bpilktree said:

I like the whiff rate on off speed stuff which shows they gearing up for fast ball.  His two issues for me are command of fastball and would like to see bigger difference from fastball to change.  If he gets that in the 10-12 range it will be huge in producing more weak contact and help his pitch efficiency.  

The stuff is down across the board from last year. His avg fastball is down 1.3 MPH, the Changeup is up 1.2 MPH with two less inches of vertical break up 1 inch of horizontal. The slider and curve both have less movement with the slider really flattening out (5 less vertical). 

As was stated earlier, he looks a lot like the guy we saw a good bit last year needing a lot of pitches to get through 3 innings of work, but unfortunately, everything looks down. 

The guy I saw tonight did not look like an impact guy. Let's hope he's still just getting going after starting late, but seems like we are always making excuses for him.

• Upvote 3