Have The O's Reached Out To Angel Reese To Throw Out The First Pitch For The Home Opener?

ORIOLE33

Certainly makes sense for her to be invited to throw out a first pitch this season, but I really hope they identified someone for the home opener prior to this past weekend.  I would think all of the home opener plans were put in place weeks / months ago.

@Frobbyshe won the Womens NCAA basketball tournament championship with LSU and tournament MVP.  Been very popular on social media the past couple days.

Although it is more commonplace now, I remember being shocked she left Maryland after last season.  I didn't see it coming.  So I was definitely not rooting for LSU to win because I generally don't support players who leave the program that I support.  If she was like Carmelo and never played at Maryland, then I would feel differently about her being from Baltimore and getting the trophy. 

3 hours ago, RVAOsFan said:

@Frobbyshe won the Womens NCAA basketball tournament championship with LSU and tournament MVP.  Been very popular on social media the past couple days.

Ah.  I was going to watch some of the Final after the O’s game, but I turned it on and saw LSU had a 17 point lead at halftime, so I didn’t bother.  

3 hours ago, ORIOLE33 said:

Since she's from Baltimore and we all know the rest, I was just wondering have the O's contacted her about throwing out the first pitch or do have they already given the honor to someone else? 

yeah, 3 days before opening day the O's are still wondering who they should get to throw out the first pitch.  She's a talent, but she was the 4th highest scorer on her team in the Championship....not like she beat Iowa on her own, she was just the most visible and controversial player in the game.  Maybe one day, but not Opening Day.