Kyle Bradish injury update? (Edit: Foot Contusion)

andrewjay

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

I agree …Wells lost outright in the spring and Irvin has not looked good.  The bad thing is Elias traded for him ….so he won’t admit a mistake this early. So I’m betting Wells to the pen.

Wells has pitched well enough (no pun intended) in his 2 regular season appearances to warrant continuing to start. Irvin is the only left hander and Elias invested a good prospect to get him. I thought Irvin made some good pitches in his last start but they just didn't go his way. They were barely misses. However I think there is reason to be concerned that he doesn't have alot of velocity. There's also the fact that Irvin still has options on his contract available to the front office. A guy like Austin Voth doesn't have any.

If I'm continuing to be thinking out loud, Wells is the most flexible of the 7 guys I mentioned. So while he's pitched good enough to be a starter, he could also be very valuable out of the bullpen as a long man and spot starter.

The Orioles have some challenging decisions to make. But I think they have to find a way to let Grayson continue to develop in the Major Leagues with the coaching of Darren Holmes and Chris Holt.  The best way to develop Grayson is to give him his opportunities.

On 4/11/2023 at 4:14 PM, spleen1015 said:

If my math is correct, then that would be the same day Tyler Wells is scheduled to start for the Orioles. I wonder how that shakes out 5 days later. Do they push Kyle Gibson's start back 1 day? Or is Wells going into the bullpen to become a very valuable long relief / emergency starting pitcher?

9 hours ago, Just Regular said:

A zillion options with the Monday Thursday offdays next week.     Somebody out of the Top 6 guys won't start a game for the Orioles next week.

I won't be shocked if Grayson is cycled out after the White Sox turn Sunday.

I think they cycle out GROd or Wells next turn as well they are going to try to limit their innings to a point and if 6 guys are healthy right now is a good time to give them that,  You have two days off next week so I don’t think we get any clear answers until the very early Mat how the rotation will look.  

On 4/10/2023 at 3:56 PM, MurphDogg said:

Looks like he will be ready to go as soon as he is eligible. I wouldn't hate a 6-man rotation with Wells being skipped / used in long relief when there are off-days. Hopefully Grayson puts pressure on them to keep him up tomorrow night.

I don’t think a 6 man rotation is an option because we are already short on innings from the starter and getting more innings from the bullpen.  You can’t take another arm out of the pen at this point.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bpilktree said:

I don’t think a 6 man rotation is an option because we are already short on innings from the starter and getting more innings from the bullpen.  You can’t take another arm out of the pen at this point.  

The last time I heard 6-man rotation mentioned by a MASN spokesperson it was only with the context the Club firmly isn't interested in doing it, which feels somewhat like a nod towards using Gibson and Irvin for what they were brought here to do.

Occam's Razor - Bradish pitching same day as Wells is maybe a clue.     Wells as much as Grayson could be pitching for his rotation gig in the White Sox series.     That said, its all semantics - I noticed during one of the in-game interviews during camp Elias was careful to use the terminology "length pitchers".     Wells and Hall could be that in time this season.