Rays 2023

SteveA

Monday will be McClanahan's 2nd TJ - he had one while in college in 2016.

At the beginning of the century, I recall 2nd TJ's being career ending but in the last couple decades there have been some notable successes even by guys having had two.

Young pitching stars and extensions - he has "only" earned about $4mm so far between signing bonus and a few minimum wage seasons.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/10/colton-cowser-diagnosed-with-hand-fracture.html  
    • It would be foolish to discount Burnes value to this team. He needs to be brought back unless the cost becomes absurd.
    • Bradish likely misses most of 2025
    • I do get tired of his post game press conferences where he praises the other team's pitching profusely. He definitely isn't fiery, that's for sure. But having said that, he likely isn't getting fired. But, his seat is getting pretty warm and if we don't take the next step in the playoffs next year, he's likely gone.  As much as some of his in game decisions drive me crazy, he isn't the one taking the feeble at bats. The three pitching coaches ( I think they call one guy the offensively coordinator or something) need to go. 
    • One thing I noticed and don’t care for is…….” We have Bautista coming back so we don’t need to sign All-star FA closer “  and “ since we have Elfin coming back we dont need resign Burnes “ and “ we have Bradish returning from injury so why we need another FA starter ? “  My point is that we can’t count on Bautista , Bradish , Wells , Means & others to return and pick up where they left off .  I advocate Elias to strike hard and fast during upcoming Free Agency season .  
    • Hey man, It breaks my heart that the O’s destroyed our season of hope. Hyde’s got to go. Watching those post-game excuses and lack of fire is not good for inspiration - club house or fans!. Pathetic. Call out stuff, not play victim. Apparently every team had amazing pitching! (Eye roll). A re-set is going to happen. A few more guys getting experience, a few guys going away, and revamping that horrible bullpen. Easy moves: let Santander walk, don’t waste money on LT contracts for SP - even Burnes, get Alex Bregman! , get more speed!   
    • Division is going to be tough next year.  Rays have reloaded, Red Sox have a new core in place and will likely supplement with a big Fa splash or two, and the Yankees will continue to be the Yankees. Ultimately O’s success or lack thereof will rest on the improvement of their young positional talent, but seems like we need to add some kind of weapon vs left handed pitching.  And will need to either replace or resign Burnes, not something easy to do without significant financial investment.  
  • Popular Contributors