A's Series

Moose Milligan

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

Tomorrow is a must win against a bad team.  If we split 4 against this sorry bunch at home then the O’s are an even sorrier bunch.   They certainly deserved to lose tonight.   

I agree we do need to win tomorrow but I sure don't agree that we deserved to lose tonight..... I guess it depends on your perspective..lol....  I believe we should win games that we score four runs ..... So by my perspective our offense should be 9 and 3 and our pitching/defense should be 2 and 10.....SMH.... I guess we should thank our lucky star that we are playing 500 ball and I'm sure we can agree if we don't start pitching and playing defense it's going to be a long season  

10 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Tomorrow is a must win against a bad team.  If we split 4 against this sorry bunch at home then the O’s are an even sorrier bunch.   They certainly deserved to lose tonight.   

I’d like to win this game.  I can’t say it’s a “must win.”  From what I’ve seen in the early going, this is a .500ish team, and the outcome of this game won’t change that.  

This is pretty simple to me: the pitching and defense need to be much better.  The offense is okay, neither great nor terrible, and will have its good and bad days.  But the pitching has been really disappointing so far, and the defense has made the pitchers’ jobs much harder.  I’m going to feel that way regardless of what happens today.  I need to see several weeks of better pitching and defense to feel like this team has any chance of going somewhere.  

Even though we've won two games this series, looking back on it I can't get really excited about it.  The second win took a monumental effort from Mountcastle and Hays.  Can't count on Mounty driving in 9 runs a game all the time, that's not really a repeatable performance.  

I think the only game where we really looked like a good team from top to bottom was the first game of the series.  Yesterday was a disaster.  

I'd like to see the Irvin we thought we were getting today.  Hopefully he's throwing strikes.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I’d like to win this game.  I can’t say it’s a “must win.”  From what I’ve seen in the early going, this is a .500ish team, and the outcome of this game won’t change that.  

This is pretty simple to me: the pitching and defense need to be much better.  The offense is okay, neither great nor terrible, and will have its good and bad days.  But the pitching has been really disappointing so far, and the defense has made the pitchers’ jobs much harder.  I’m going to feel that way regardless of what happens today.  I need to see several weeks of better pitching and defense to feel like this team has any chance of going somewhere.  

The next  three weeks  the schedule is the easiest of the year  They need to play well against these teams. Tigers are bad but I think the Orioles lost all the games to them last year. White Sox are a .500ish team and without Tim Anderson.Nationals are not good. Boston is not that good  Sale has near a 10.00 ERA . Adam Duvall is hurt .He was quoted as saying " I love the smell of Oriole pitching in the evening ". Royals are also bad. The schedule right after the All - Star break looks brutal on paper.