Yennier Canó 2023

OsFanSinceThe80s

The silver lining to tonight's loss is that it hopefully convinces Elias that he needs to get another proven high-quality late inning arm--preferably someone who can get both lefties and righties out.   After seeing how easily Harper handled Cano, Hyde probably should have gone to Perez to get Stott.   

Hyde said in the post-game that they decided before the game that Felix wasn’t available. I guess the only late inning option was YC. He’s gotten pummeled of late. They gotta figure that out. Can’t keep running him out there for him to let inherited runners score and lose winnable games. The Rays won tonight so they pick up a game on the O’s.

The O’s are legitimately in a try to win every night mode now. No off days.  

Sometimes you just were supposed to lose..

1) Didn't add on runs in multiple opportunities

2) Mateo didn't bunt over the runner with nobody out in the 9th. Also didn't attempt to steal, speculation was his leg might be othering him..  If true.. Urias to 3rd Westberg to SS and we win. 

3) Cano strikes a pose you know isn't creating good karma. 

4) Gunner has to leave the game bringing in a replacement that will lose the game.

It was meant to be.. and it sucks. So add this to the McKenna drop the opening weekend and we gave away 2 games.

Just now, Aristotelian said:

Is he still our 8th inning guy? If not, who?

Fuji may have the best stuff but can he throw strikes like he did tonight?

Perez looked good in his safe opp and recent appearances. Is he back in the circle of trust?

Baumann? 

Perez did not look good in save opportunity

Cano gets an easy grounder and a dominant K.   The two LH batters were Bryce Harper and Stott whose batting 4 and having a big season.   He threw strikes and wasn’t that bad.  He got beat.  Fuji looked like a poor man’s Bautista tonight.   I’ll take our bullpen but one more Bednar type wouldn’t exactly hurt.    

• Upvote 1

Just now, RZNJ said:

Cano gets an easy grounder and a dominant K.   The two LH batters were Bryce Harper and Stott whose batting 4 and having a big season.   He threw strikes and wasn’t that bad.  He got beat.  Fuji looked like a poor man’s Bautista tonight.   I’ll take our bullpen but one more Bednar type wouldn’t exactly hurt.    

Mateo has missed so many plays lately I lost count. He has no other reason to be here besides defense and he’s not playing good defense at all.

• Upvote 1