Yennier Canó 2023

OsFanSinceThe80s

11 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Yennier Canó deserves his own season thread after his clutch outing tonight. Hyde has no reliable setup arms in the bullpen and he turns to the new guy Canó in the seventh inning clinging to a one run lead at the time.

And Canó delivers with 1.2 innings of no hit ball getting the game to the ninth inning for Bautista to close it. Orioles beat the White Sox 6-3.

35536.png&w=350&h=254

Baker has been reliable this season except for his first outing.  The bullpen has struggled for sure but there is still lot of high hopes for them once we get healthy.  Bautista, Givens, Tate, Baker and Cano all have plus stuff.  Perez has looked very shaky so far though as our one late inning lefty.  

At first I was skeptical and he did seem a little wild with all the nervousness. But then he got the ground ball and showed off his quickness, athleticism, and situational awareness to quickly get the ball to second base and then he had help from Vavra who looked like a cat taking a high throw and twisting mid air to get the base and turn it to first.

After that, I thought Cano settled in and proved why he got the call to the big leagues. His confidence shot through the roof and he was making those White Sox hitters look silly. Cano has GREAT run movement on his pitches. Seeing that kind of reminded me of Tate's stuff from last year. And Tate was our most consistently reliable relief pitcher in 2022.

It was great to see tonight. I think Cano has taken a big leap forward in his major league career with the Orioles.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Spy Fox said:

Command looked mixed, but the sinker had really great movement tonight. Very clutch performance.

That’s what I’d say.  I’m not sure he really knows where the ball is going, but if it stays in the bottom half of the strike zone he’s going to induce a ton of grounders.  I have a feeling he’ll have days where he walks a lot of guys and/or serves up some meatballs, but that was a nice performance last night.  Hopefully that will boost his confidence - he was beaming in the dugout when his teammates were congratulating him. 

I'm really pulling for this guy because he did come over in the Lopez trade, and we really need someone to pan out from that deal.....maybe Povich will at some point (I haven't given up on him), but I'd still like to see Cano add some consistent firepower to our bullpen and make some posters on here feel a little bit better about the trade, given how hot a topic it was about a week or so ago......

4 minutes ago, Sanity Check said:

I'm really pulling for this guy because he did come over in the Lopez trade, and we really need someone to pan out from that deal.....maybe Povich will at some point (I haven't given up on him), but I'd still like to see Cano add some consistent firepower to our bullpen and make some posters on here feel a little bit better about the trade, given how hot a topic it was about a week or so ago......

You should see what McDermott has done so far. 

I enjoyed the Raysian daily roster maximization of Irvin and Bradish both being off so we had this guy in the Friday Arm Barn.

Just quoting Elias on the bit about everyone on the 40-man contributing towards the 1425 innings.

If we have the right situation today, I'd let him go another 20 some pitches and maybe have Krehbiel Sunday.

5 options is plenty to get to August 1.     By August 1 aside from Means and Hall, I'd hope the Club also enjoys another 1-3 strong out getters.