Next fifteen games -predictions

tntoriole

While I love the potential of the team, they are just not playing great baseball right now.    They are hitting, but pitching and defense has been very subpar.    I'm prepared to be disappointed until they start playing better.

4 hours ago, Spy Fox said:

I wouldn't count 9-6 as a fail, though I think they can do better. 

It's tougher than it might seem at the start. We draw Josiah Gray and MacKenzie Gore as the two SPs, who are likely to be their two best pitchers. 

We don't care about no starting pitchers. Bring us some relievers who don't throw 99 MPH. 🤤

21 minutes ago, milbest77 said:

8-7. Detroit seems to own us and at KC is always tough for some reason. Nats might stink, but they play hard. 

I hope most of the roster has some Eye of the Tiger for Detroit after the weak showings against them last year.

The lineups that series in Detroit as Adley was...what was it....finishing up knocking off the rust after finishing up his injury rehab...stand out in my memory as a low-water mark in the last days before the present Adley era began.

I never like to predict these things, as inevitably there’s one or two bad teams that we underperform against each year and you just never know when that’s coming.   I try not to get my expectations too high when we play a bad team because I’m just setting myself up for disappointment.   At the end of the day, I don’t care who they beat or lose to, so long as they win enough to be in the race.  

That said, I was happy with our 5 of 7 record against Oakland and Chicago.

• Upvote 1