Stiven Acevedo 2023

emmett16

The more I see Acevedo play, the more I like him.   He is a man child at 6’4” and is intimidating in the box.  He doesn’t get robbed with his swings and he is making contact often.  The power is legit & to top it off he can fly.  Hit his 2nd HR of the year today in just 66 ABs after just  8 in 631 last year.  Just swiped his 4th bag of the year already as well. 

My man just jacked another mammoth bomb. 💪

After taking a BB in previous AB.  

Edit: they measured at 375 (think wind switched was blowing out early)

First multi HR game.  3/3 on day with a BB

Edited by emmett16

This is really heartening to see.  Acevedo was one of the first international signings of the Elias regime, coming after most teams had spent their allotment.   O’s management said at the time that they felt Acevedo wouid have been a 7-figure signing if he’d been signed the following year.  His progress has been a bit slow, but he doesn’t turn 21 until August, so he’s still got time to develop into a good prospect.  

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

This is really heartening to see.  Acevedo was one of the first international signings of the Elias regime, coming after most teams had spent their allotment.   O’s management said at the time that they felt Acevedo wouid have been a 7-figure signing if he’d been signed the following year.  His progress has been a bit slow, but he doesn’t turn 21 until August, so he’s still got time to develop into a good prospect.  

I’ve got a soft spot for the 2019 international guys as well.  So cool to see the progress 3 years later.  

My sleeper guy is doing some work. 

54. Stiven Acevedo – OF (CPX/A): Only 19-years old, Acevedo found the Carolina League too tough in his first go around, but he’s got a good frame to put on muscle and he’s athletic with loose swing that could end up generating good power if he can put it together. Basically a toolsy athlete that will most likely repeat Delmarva next year and should be watched.

I just really liked the body and the tools and was surprised by his lack of results last year. 

When I was talking DSL guys with Koby Perez after last offseason, I told him that outside of Bencosme, Acevedo is the guy that I really liked at Delmarva (of the International guys) last year despite the bad numbers. He liked him as well and said there's a lot more in there.

On top of the bat, he's a very good defender in the outfield with an above average arm in CF. Whether he can stay there depends on a few things, but for now, he's a guy that should be a priority play out there.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Acevedo is having an up and down year, but over the last 39 games he’s hit .265/.329/.517 with 9 homers and 24 RBI.  He turned 21 in August, so this is still his age 20 season.  I think he’s done enough this year to start 2024 in Aberdeen at age 21.   Solid progress for him this season.  

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Acevedo is having an up and down year, but over the last 39 games he’s hit .265/.329/.517 with 9 homers and 24 RBI.  He turned 21 in August, so this is still his age 20 season.  I think he’s done enough this year to start 2024 in Aberdeen at age 21.   Solid progress for him this season.  

I was thinking about posting something about him too, noticing his numbers trending back up of late. 

Starting your age 21 season in high A would be considered a success. If you think about it, most highly drafted college juniors are 21 and they rarely start out there.

Big, athletic kid too. 6’ 4” and if he’s not there already, darn close to 200lbs. He’s also stolen 31 bases. Played all the OF spots but the majority of his games played have been in CF. 

The elephant in the room red flag is the 123 Ks in 407 PA with only 33 BBs. Hopefully he can work on that plate discipline/coverage this offseason and be prepared to take the next developmental leap in ‘24. 

• Upvote 1