I'm sure of this....Swept by the Braves.

ShoelesJoe

28 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

A loss is a loss ..no matter how many we have won thus far, Boston is right behind us and Rays pulling further away … i can see a big losing streak coming 

That didn’t look like a team heading into a big losing streak to me.  Some hitting with RISP would have been nice today. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

Orioles basically played the Braves to a tie at their stadium. In fact, they outscored them. I would say that's pretty good, though two bullpen losses in a row leave a bad taste. You can't contend in today's game if your bullpen can't hold leads late. Recall the Royals' formula in their good years in the 2010's. They had those three guys pitching the seventh, eight, and ninth innings, which were just lights out.

True, but wonder how they did it night after night. We have Coulombe, Cano and Bautista, but they all need rest. 

Before the Braves Rays Pirates stretch I said I'd be thrilled going 4-5.

That said I'm tired of the moral victory talk. We could have easily won all 3 games esp w the way our starters pitched vs the Braves and now expectations are raised.

Boston is gaining and the Rays are continuing to pull away.

Time for the players to step up and take 2 of 3 from TB and sweep PIT like TB did.

I think I've watched 1 other nationally televised O's game this season. They lost that one along with the 2 this weekend. I apologize for jinxing them and trying to enjoy the games. 

I did get to see the Shorebirds lose today also. Heck of a baseball day. On a good note, Creed hit a pretty long HR today.

I know we lost two of three, and it feels like we could have won all three of those games (because we could have), but I really, really liked what I saw in this series. We faced the best team in the NL with a couple of the best starting pitchers in the game, and we were never, ever out of it at any point. I think the Braves and their fans will be glad to see the O’s leave town, really. That was a great series, it almost had a postseason vibe to it. 

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

That didn’t look like a team heading into a big losing streak to me.  Some hitting with RISP would have been nice today. 

We left the bases loaded in the 3rd & 6th innings today. That was the difference in the game for sure.