Friday May 19: Orioles at Blue Jays, televised exclusively on Apple+ TV

SteveA

Just now, Chavez Ravine said:

I assume they have to pay MASN and whatever thing has rights to broadcast Jays games—-or can MLB exercise eminent domain? I bet the discussions at the winter meeting around the communal streaming idea were interesting.

I'm sure that the O's share of the Apple money more than makes up for missing a few broadcast dates.

The Apple deal is worth $85 million per year to MLB

1 minute ago, Yossarian said:

So annoying.  MLB.tv advertises "catch every out of market game for every team on MLB.tv".  They don't say anything about not broadcasting these stupid Apple TV games.  I feel cheated.  

Yeah, it's wrong and and honestly bad business to be blacking out MLB.TV customers.

One thing is not broadcasting the game on MASN/local TV. That's annoying/greedy, but they could argue they're not making much money off of people who happen to have those channels on their cable packages.

But those who are subscribing to MLB.TV are paying the league directly. With so many pirating options, you should make your paid product as full-service as possible.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Can;t even get in after doing everything to sign up. Says I need to have ios12 or something. Apple is just such a sucky company. My app in the Us came up in Spanish. What a POS company. I hate everything about Apple.

They are the worst. 

2 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Never mind. I found it. Picture is noticeably better than MASN. Why is that? Thought they all shoot on high def cameras

Apple actually broadcasts in 4K, not HD which is only 1024 x 720. I finally got in but Lord I hate this.