Friday May 19: Orioles at Blue Jays, televised exclusively on Apple+ TV

SteveA

Just now, Emory Eagle said:

Gibson is extremely mid, as the kids say.

I don't know what that means, but I imagine it means pissed at himself for that crappy inning. He's not making through the 6th pitching like he did that inning.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Stanton's swing at Webb's noncompetitive slider in the dirt was comedic.  That's what a commitment to a bad contract looks like...
    • I'm literally not grasping at straws.  Mckenna didn't get used as a defensive sub in a huge game versus the Yankees.  That's a fact.   I like Aaron Hicks over Ryan Mckenna.  Hicks has value as a role player, switch hits, and had postseason success last postseason with us.  Mckenna is a defensive replacement that has a history of "lapses" during his minor league career.  Now those lapses are costing us MLB games.   I forgave Aaron Hicks for playing for the Yankees.  He had a lot of big moments last year, and oddly enough didn't block anyone other than Mckenna.  If your dislike for Aaron Hicks is making you stand up for Ryan Mckenna then there are bigger issues than discussing which player best suits this team.  
    • I went with Holliday back up but I also don't really care.  
    • No one pimps a loss like Juan Soto.
    • March/April 2024 We’re back for another year!  And, while there were lots of strong performances last month, I think the winners are clear. Hitters It’s gotta be Heston Kjerstad: .349/.431/.744, 10 HR, 30 RBI in only 21 games before he got promoted to the majors.  Despite not playing the full month in the minors, he led the org in BA, SLG, OPS, runs, HR and RBI. Honorable mentions: Coby Mayo .330/.400/.652, 9 HR, 25 RBI Jackson Holliday .321/.451/.554, 2 HR, 10 RBI Kyle Stowers .257/.314/.596, 9 HR, 25 RBI Connor Norby, .280/.353/.517, 7 HR, 22 RBI Creed Willems, .299/.333/.642, 6 HR, 22 RBI Matthew Etzel, .343/.422/.557, 3 HR, 12 RBI TT Bowens, .312/.368/.541, 3 HR, 18 RBI Jalen Vasquez, .306/.452/.453, 1 HR, 8 RBI Dylan Beavers, .329/.415/.471, 2 HR, 9 RBI That’s a lot of very strong performances.  And while I think it’s fair to say that in any normal month, Coby Mayo’s performance might easily have merited player of the month honors (he was 2nd to Kjerstad in OPS, HR and RBI), by the same token, he might have been beaten out by Jackson Holliday if Holliday hadn’t spent those two weeks in the majors.  As it was, Holliday scored 20 runs in only 13 games and was 2nd in the org in OBP, 3rd in OPS.
    • Sure.  But I'll take grounders from Judge and the ghost of Stanton all day, any day.
    • I would bet on optioning Akin and would support the move. I think there is a lot of recency bias going on. Akin is pitching better right now but Elias's m.o. is to keep control of as much talent as possible. I'd rather give Baumann a chance to fail and still have Akin than risk Akin failing without an apparent alternative. 
  • Popular Contributors