Saturday Afternoon May 20: Orioles at Blue Jays

SteveA

Just now, LA2 said:

Yes, you have to give him lots of credit for that for sure.

Some people here chalk it up to bad hitting, but I'm not so sure. The high fastballs he's throwing are incredibly tempting to hitters out of his hand, especially when it could be a splitter that ends up in the zone. He's betting on them biting.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Weird I'm looking at it and he's tied for 6th with 22.  Of course Baker is only up one inning on him and is in a tie for second and Clase, alone in first, has 24.

Basically he's been rode as hard as anyone.

It actually just updated to that for me, too. Must be some quirk of when/how it adds the live stats, since 21 is Bautista's # of games before today. 

And I think it's pretty much true that he's been used as much as anyone... but I think every team in the league has 2-3 guys that have been approximately as much as anyone. The way people talk about it you'd think the usage was way out of line, but it's in line. Everyone uses their best relievers a lot, because they're the best.  

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

We’re really asking Bautista for a six out save? I might have a stroke. 

We're asking him for a six out win.  Wouldn't be a save unless they bring someone else in now.