Tuesday, May 30th: Orioles continue vs the Guardians, without Cedric Mullins

SteveA

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I had the same thought about Mountcastle yesterday. He puts up empty stats like Tony Batista or Joe Carter (and he's not as good as Joe Carter).

Funny thing is that Elias released Renato Núñez at 26-years old after he slashed .256/.324/.492/.816 in 2020. He ended up getting just 55 more major league PAs. The year before Núñez slashed .244/.311/.460/.771 with 31 home runs and 90 RBIs.

Mountcastle is 26 years old and slashing .237/.271/.452/.723. He slashed .250/.305/.423/.729 with 22 home runs as a 25 year old.    

Basically Nunez was a better hitter than Mountcastle at both 25 and 26 years old. What makes anyone think Mountcastle is part of the future here or really should still be an everyday player?

Mountcastle has slashed .199/.237/.336/.573 against right-handers this year. The league figured out how to get him out as he's gotten worse the longer he's been in the league.   

• Upvote 3

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

I’d heed that advice but I can’t quit this dumbass team.  

If that were possible, I think I'd have quit after the 2005 collapse.  That one really bugged me.  And right in the middle of that loathsome, obnoxious Yankees-Red Sox rivalry period that ESPN and everyone else couldn't get enough of.  MLB was almost completely unwatchable. 

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Funny thing is that Elias released Renato Núñez at 26-years old after he slashed .256/.324/.492/.816 in 2020. He ended up getting just 55 more major league PAs. The year before Núñez slashed .244/.311/.460/.771 with 31 home runs and 90 RBIs.

Mountcastle is 26 years old and slashing .237/.271/.452/.723. He slashed .250/.305/.423/.729 with 22 home runs as a 25 year old.    

Basically Nunez was a better hitter than Mountcastle at both 25 and 26 years old. What makes anyone think Mountcastle is part of the future here or really should still be an everyday player?

Mountcastle has slashed .199/.237/.336/.573 against right-handers this year. The league figured out how to get him out as he's gotten worse the longer he's been in the league.   

Mountcastle's OPS+ has declined every season so far he's a one trick pony.

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s

Just now, Tony-OH said:

So on a night where the Orioles had an 8-1 lead, they had to burn through 4 relievers including Cano and Bautista. A win is a win, but that's a tough way to do it.

Can Baumann not hold a 3 run lead?  Just torching our two good pen arms.