Tuesday, June 20: First of 2 big games in Tropicana Dome

SteveA

Just now, Malike said:

I'm not doing anything of the sort, you do set a low bar, though, so in direct comparison, I suppose I'll concede.

If anyone expresses any unhappiness with anything that happens in the game you complain about them. You are the only one cool enough to be "ready for playoff baseball" I'm so sorry that I beat a dead horse by making one whole post about replacing Mateo. 

Just now, Brian88 said:

If anyone expresses any unhappiness with anything that happens in the game you complain about them. You are the only one cool enough to be "ready for playoff baseball" I'm so sorry that I beat a dead horse by making one whole post about replacing Mateo. 

The issue is the "Chicken Little" tendency of the game thread. You know, the ones who declare the game as being OVER by the 5th inning

13 minutes ago, forphase1 said:

At SOME point Elias finally has to make a move on Mateo, right?  I mean he's completely lost, and has been for almost 2 months now.  At some point he's GOT to start riding the pine, no?  Geez.

It will happen before the end of 2025...geez...ppl are so impatient!!!!

1 minute ago, Jagwar said:

The issue is the "Chicken Little" tendency of the game thread. You know, the ones who declare the game as being OVER by the 5th inning

I get that, and the one specific poster that you've quoted usually is pretty unbearable. 

2 minutes ago, Brian88 said:

This is simply not true. Go back and look at my post history in the game threads. Just because I happened to quote you and hurt your widdle feewings, now I'm the bad guy of every game thread. It's nonsense. We're up 8-6 against the best team by far in the league, we have one of the top records in baseball and the amount of self-loathing is absurd, I don't understand why people can't just enjoy this excellent team.

1 minute ago, Jagwar said:

That certainly has me questioning myself on how many more game threads I want to participate in. Apparently they were originally created for people to vent and rant based on what was said in the main forum. I haven't been here long so I don't know. Didn't know places like the OH existed until recently.

Just now, Surhoffan17 said:

It will happen before the end of 2025...geez...ppl are so impatient!!!!

Ha!  At this rate I'm not even sure it happens by then.  I can see Mateo with an .OPS of under .400 for the year 2025 while Holiday suffers through a 2nd complete season at AAA with a 1.400 OPS!