Friday, June 23: Orioles open homestand vs Mariners, weather permitting

SteveA

Gametime:  7:05 pm

Forecast:   74 degrees, cloudy, chance of scattered showers throughotu the evening

Matchup:   Logan Gilbert (R) vs Kyle Gibson (R)

Lineups

1. Jarred Kelenic (L) LF
2. Julio Rodriguez (R) CF
3. Ty France (R) 1B
4. Teoscar Hernandez (R) RF
5. Cal Raleigh (S) DH
6. Eugenio Suarez (R) 3B
7. Kolten Wong (L) 2B
8. Tom Murphy (R) C
9. Jose Caballero (R) SS

1. Gunnar Henderson (L) DH
2. Adley Rutschman (S) C
3. Anthony Santander (S) RF
4. Ryan O'Hearn (L) 1B
5. Austin Hays (R) LF
6. Aaron Hicks (S) CF
7. Adam Frazier (L) 2B
8. Ramon Urias (R) 3B
9. Jorge Mateo (R) SS

Orioles Bench
Anthony Bemboom (L)
Josh Lester (L)
Ryan McKenna (R)
Joey Ortiz (R)

Bullpen Availability

Available
Bryan Baker  0.1 IP, 21p Tuesday
Mike Baumann 1.0 IP, 13p Tuesday 

Felix Bautista  1.1 IP, 19p Tuesday
Yennier Cano  1.0 IP, 19p Tuesday
Danny Coulombe  (L)  1.0 IP, 16p Tuesday
Logan Gillaspie  0.1 IP, 11p Wednesday
Cionel Perez (L)  0.1 IP, 12p last Friday

Maybe Available
Keegan Akin  (L)  1.2 IP, 29p Wednesday
Cole Irvin (L)  1.0 IP, 26p Wednesday*

*Irvin relieved Wednesday.   Until it is announced he is scheduled to start again, I will continue to list him as a "maybe available" reliever.

Edited by SteveA

So,.... where do you bat Henderson in the lineup when Mullins comes back?  And what do you do with Hays?  You can't push your best hitter down to 6th in the order.  Against lefties, I would go Mullins- Hays-Rutschman- Santander-Henderson as the first 5.

6 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

So,.... where do you bat Henderson in the lineup when Mullins comes back?  And what do you do with Hays?  You can't push your best hitter down to 6th in the order.  Against lefties, I would go Mullins- Hays-Rutschman- Santander-Henderson as the first 5.

I'd have the same order against righties.   Spots 6 and 7 would be reserved for 2 of O'Hearn, Mountcastle, Urias, and Hicks.  8 and 9 for 2 of Frazier, Ortiz, Mateo, and Lester

4 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

Does it look like there will be baseball tonight?  That sky doesn't look promising

Absolutely, the forecast shows that there will be no rain within an hour from now.

I predict a start time between 8:30 and 9.

Edited by allquixotic

4 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Does Tampa Bay ever not play a game?  They have played 5 more games than we have .. and played again yesterday as we were off

Going to be rough trying to catch them in the second half when they have so many more off days to rest up in the heat.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• He’s 24, under team control until 2030, and proven big league performer. They might trade him - it would cost us a fortune.
    • I see a playoff team with maybe the same expectations the 2023 team had going into the season. Possibly being picked to finish between 2nd and 4th in our division.     SP - Eflin, Grayson, Big Al, Kremer, Povich McDermott in AAA. Bradish and Means back in the 2nd half????  Wells too? RP - Bautista, Cano, Dominguez, Soto, Coloumbe, Webb, Perez, Akin 1B - Mountcastle DH - O’Hearn 2B - Holliday 3B - Westburg SS - Gunnar C - Adley LF - Cowser CF - Mullins RF - Kjerstad Bench - Mateo, Urias, backup C, RH OF or Mayo Basallo up mid season This is us baby.  We are who we are.  The only way to get experience is to actually get experience. Sorry to Brad Fuller maybe our “vet” can be a former player as hitting coach.  Carlos Beltran or Bonds.  
    • I would love to sign any hitters who have actually experienced postseason success and wins.....maybe even championships.  Gurriel for KC has been a part of a lot of postseason wins and having veterans on the team like that are valuable.  I saw somewhere the KC guys said they really benefitted from having Gurriel, Pham, Sal Perez, and others who have been there and done that.  Continuing to rely on young players with nothing but zeroes on their postseason resumes isn't helpful.   I heard Francona is going to manage the Reds.  Great move for them.  I would have loved to have him, given he is a Hall of Famer with actual WS championships and a ton of October success.  
    • Geordie Greep just dropped The New Sound. So that.
    • Crazy to lose to the same city in all three sports with two to be considered monumental upsets. I believe the Knicks were actually favored against the Bullets, but not sure as it was before I was born. 
    • That entire series very much hurt. Benitez was awful. He hung a slider to Grissom (the eventual ALCS MVP) allowing a go-ahead homer in the top of the 8th of game 2. The squeeze play you mentioned that I haven't been convinced wasn't foul in game 3. Game 4 had two of their guys score on the same wild pitch where it looked like David Justice blocked Lenny Webster after scoring the first of those two runs. And then of course, the last hanging slider from Armando to Tony Fernandez that proved to be the game winner in game 6. Just painful all around. 
  • Popular Contributors