Anyone tried the Immaculate Grid game?

Frobby

9/9, 54.  6 Orioles used plus one guy drafted by the Orioles.

Spoiler

Randy Lerch (0.4%), Curt Schilling (11%), Keith Moreland (0.03%, obligatory spitting whenever I mention his name)

Josh Hader (31%), Tommy Pham (1%), Manny Machado (9%)

Jeffrey Hammonds (0.1%), Darnell McDonald (0.2%), Ken Singleton (0.1% -- really, this low?????   Not that many O's have hit .300)

4 hours ago, backwardsk said:

Pretty easy one today. Got 25. Used all Orioles for the right field row and used one for the Mil/Phi box.

Who was your Milw/Phi Oriole?   I wracked my brain and couldn't come up with one.    I ended up going with Randy Lerch, pretty proud of that pull but not an Oriole which is always my first effort.

8/9 with 4 Orioles. @SteveA I got the same Bos/RF as you but kept it at .2%. My miss was guessing Gregg Jeffries when I meant who I got in mil/phi square.

Spoiler

Geoff Jenkins (5%), Todd Frohwirth (.01%), Richie Ashburn (6%)

No guess, Jake Peavy (6%), Tony Gwynn (47%)

Gerardo Parra (.2%), Darnell McDonald (.2%), Nick Markakis (.9%)

• Upvote 1

9/9 69.  Guess I’m an idiot.  Picked the most popular answer for the two Red Sox players who played for other teams.  I couid have done better if I’d spent more time there.  

19 hours ago, SteveA said:

Who was your Milw/Phi Oriole?   I wracked my brain and couldn't come up with one.    I ended up going with Randy Lerch, pretty proud of that pull but not an Oriole which is always my first effort.

The legendary Paul Bako.

• Upvote 1

On 2/24/2024 at 6:34 AM, Frobby said:

They’re giving everyone an incentive to learn a little bit about the Negro Leagues, which is good.   I looked at a list of the Negro League players who are in the Hall of Fame (some of them also played in the AL/NL later), and I only knew 13 of the 34.  But I haven’t missed a Negro League question yet   

Found this book at the library that may help you keep your streak intact:

Black Baseball in Living Color (Hard Cover) – Baseball Art (baseballartllc.com)

Also found a video about it on YouTube: 

45 minutes ago, SteveA said:

9/9, 57, 8 Orioles.  Couldn't come up with a Mia/Atl Oriole.

Why, the legendary Paul Bako.  

Geronimo Berroa.  The immortal Jorge Julio.  Derrek Lee.  

I wouldn't have gotten any of these, I just looked at the answers after I finished my grid.  

Got 68 today. Initially wasn’t trying to do ex Os, but had a bunch. Though I got Saltalamachia and Teagarden confused for TX catcher.

Why didn’t the Orioles keep Kevin Brown for more than one year? He had his best years after he left. Could have put us over the top in 96 and 97.

9/9, 64. My first 9/9 in a while-- got all O's in the Catcher and 2000 hits column. I was surprised that my choice in Jays 2000 hits was the top result, as opposed to a different more well-known O's/Jays guy. 

Spoiler

image.png.a3c8205e2356aec3380b73be42b04e1a.png

2 hours ago, Spy Fox said:

9/9, 64. My first 9/9 in a while-- got all O's in the Catcher and 2000 hits column. I was surprised that my choice in Jays 2000 hits was the top result, as opposed to a different more well-known O's/Jays guy. 

Hide contents

image.png.a3c8205e2356aec3380b73be42b04e1a.png

The other Jays/O’s guy is neck a neck with the one you selected (my selection too).