8. Basallo

9. Hall

10. Fabian

11. Povich

12. Haskin

13. Beavers

14. Rom

15. Rhodes

I like to give some extra credit to players who have already earned promotions to the highest levels like AAA and performed admirably there. But with that said, I also balance out their tools and skill sets with future projections.

1 hour ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

1. Holliday

2. Westburg 

3. Cowser

4. Kjerstad

5. Ortiz

6. Norby

7. Mayo

8. Basallo

9. Hall

10. Fabian

11. Povich

12. Haskin

13. Beavers

14. Rom

15. Rhodes

I like to give some extra credit to players who have already earned promotions to the highest levels like AAA and performed admirably there. But with that said, I also balance out their tools and skill sets with future projections.

Why Mayo so low?

1. Holliday 65 FV

2. Mayo 60 FV

3. Cowser 55 FV

4. Kjerstad 55 FV

5. Westburg 50 FV

6. Ortiz 50 FV

7. Basallo 45+ FV

8. Fabian 45+ FV

9. Povich 45 FV

10. Norby 40+ FV

11. Hall 40+ FV

12. McDermott 40+ FV

13. Johnson 40+ FV

Using FV to tier them (same way that Fangraphs/others rank), I think that helps add more context. Holliday and Mayo are in tiers of their own, respectively. Cowser and Kjerstad are very close, with Westburg and Ortiz similarly close in the tier below. Interesting parallels with those 4, as it’s a trade off between power (Kjerstad and Westburg) vs. defense (Cowser and Ortiz).

Beyond that, Basallo and Fabian are big risers with huge offensive potential paired with potential premium defensive positions. Their upside is a cut above the rest of the list. Below them, I think Povich still has SP potential, placing him above Hall, McDermott and Johnson all profiling as potentially elite relievers.

Norby is still hanging on but he’s definitely lost some ground this year with the drop in power. He can probably be around a league average hitter, but if he’s not bringing any defensive value it’s hard to see a place for him in a MLB roster.

I think everybody beyond this is in the 40 FV tier.  The next group is probably some combination of Prieto, Beavers, Wagner, Willems and Haskin.

1. Holliday

2. Cowser

3. Mayo

4. Westburg

5. Ortiz

6. Basallo

7. Kjerstad

8. Fabian

9. Willems

10. Povich

11. Hall

12. Norby

I did a top 12 because I have 10-12 close together. Big drop off afterwards. There is an argument for no pitchers in the top 10. 

1 hour ago, CaptainRedbeard said:

Using FV to tier them (same way that Fangraphs/others rank), I think that helps add more context. Holliday and Mayo are in tiers of their own, respectively. Cowser and Kjerstad are very close, with Westburg and Ortiz similarly close in the tier below. Interesting parallels with those 4, as it’s a trade off between power (Kjerstad and Westburg) vs. defense (Cowser and Ortiz).

Beyond that, Basallo and Fabian are big risers with huge offensive potential paired with potential premium defensive positions. Their upside is a cut above the rest of the list. Below them, I think Povich still has SP potential, placing him above Hall, McDermott and Johnson all profiling as potentially elite relievers.

Worth noting that Fangraphs has been considerably higher on Mayo and lower on Cowser than virtually anyone else.

Mayo probably has more offensive potential than Cowser. But in the same way you noted the defensive value that Fabian/Basallo have, Colton has a high floor because of his own positional value. Especially if Mayo is moved to 1B. And Cowser has a longer track record including his best production at the highest level. That’s enough for me to keep him above Coby for now.