O's tied with Rays in the "All Important Loss Column".

wildcard

1.  I always felt that for he first 120 games or so we should worry about ourselves and not about what our competition was doing.  88 games in, we are doing fine. 

2.  Feels like many years, some team gets off to a crazy good start for 40-60 games and we hear about what “pace” they’re on.  But every team hits a rough patch eventually.   

3.  I’ve always thought the idea that the loss column was “all important” was greatly exaggerated.  Yes, you control your own destiny if you are tied or ahead in the loss column.  But winning all five of the games we are short of Tampa in games played would be really difficult.  I’m not going to worry about it yet — see point one.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

1.  I always felt that for he first 120 games or so we should worry about ourselves and not about what our competition was doing.  88 games in, we are doing fine. 

2.  Feels like many years, some team gets off to a crazy good start for 40-60 games and we hear about what “pace” they’re on.  But every team hits a rough patch eventually.   

3.  I’ve always thought the idea that the loss column was “all important” was greatly exaggerated.  Yes, you control your own destiny if you are tied or ahead in the loss column.  But winning all five of the games we are short of Tampa in games played would be really difficult.  I’m not going to worry about it yet — see point one.  

The O's need to worry about what the competition is doing before the trade deadline.  That's the time to make changes to make the team more competitive.  The O's are a good team, but changes need to be made especially to the pitching staff for this team to advance in the playoffs. 

As long as the O's are in the playoffs and have a decently competitive team, I am happy.  That means the O's will actually have a playoff series, not a game for the first time since 2014. 

The O's/Elias need to make moves based on what would help in the playoffs more than the regular season.  Obviously not making moves to make them worse in the regular season. 

6 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

TB is in trouble with Mclanahan out. Their lineup has also cooled off. 

Kudos to us. They started out 13-0 and we caught them in the loss column. 

That lineup was never going to keep up that pace. That said they are the Rays. Very strong team. 

1 hour ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

Pretty wild after they started 13-0 and were so scorching hot.  But there’s a lot of season left. 

The 1982 Braves started out 13-0 and ended up 89-73. They had a hot two weeks to start the season and played mediocre baseball the last 149 games to win the NL West.

I think the Rays manage to win 90+ games, but they're a far cry from the beginning of the season when they looked like a 110+ win team and were unbeatable. 

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s
  • Upvote 1

Doesn't hurt that Springs went down then Rasmussen and now McClanahan down, Glasnow once again is day to day... the injuries to their rotation had to catch up to them sometime and with some of their bats cooling off a bit i just wish the allstar break wasn't here... we're getting hot and they're cold as ice.