All star game. Rooting for our boys!

Gurgi

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

6 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

He doesn’t locate his fastball well…ever. Look at where Adley/McCann sets the target and look where the fastball ends up.  Hardly ever in the same spot. He misses constantly. 

Good thing for him the velocity is absurd and it seems to move pretty well. 

How many guys that throw 102 hit their spot consistently?  Do Chapman and Duran?  I don’t know the answer but I assume they don’t.  When you throw that fast, you have some leeway.  Bautista has the occasional off night but he does a great job keeping fastball high in the zone where hitters can’t touch it. 

1 minute ago, ArtVanDelay said:

How many guys that throw 102 hit their spot consistently?  Do Chapman and Duran?  I don’t know the answer but I assume they don’t.  When you throw that fast, you have some leeway.  Bautista has the occasional off night but he does a great job keeping fastball high in the zone where hitters can’t touch it. 

You’re right, he does have some leeway. 

But he doesn’t hold runners at all. If anyone gets on and they’re a mediocre stolen base threat they can run on him with ease. 

He’s prone to spiking one in the dirt or airmailing the catcher. He airmailed Adley twice tonight, IIRC one allowed a runner to move up. 

The splitter doesn’t seem to work very well very often. It’s great when it’s on but it seems like I’m game threads we’re bemoaning the fact that it’s not working. 

I like Felix and the gaudy strikeout numbers are fantastic but I’ve been saying for awhile that he makes me nervous.  I think he’s very good, but not elite. Games can go sideways on him in a hurry if a runner gets on, the splitter isn’t working, wild pitch, etc. Too many avenues for him to blow a game. 

28 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

He doesn’t locate his fastball well…ever. Look at where Adley/McCann sets the target and look where the fastball ends up.  Hardly ever in the same spot. He misses constantly. 

Good thing for him the velocity is absurd and it seems to move pretty well. 

I dunno, I personally can’t recall a game where he threw/almost threw to the backstop 5-6 times.