Sunday afternoon July 23: O's go for Series win vs. the Rays

FlaO'sFan

14 minutes ago, SteveA said:

What a game by our bullpen today.

I am very concerned that by the end of this year Felix's arm will be toast, and maybe Yennier's too.

Same here. I'm enjoying the victory, but I'm already pondering ahead as to what this means in the long run. We have a phenomenal closer that pitches 100+ MPH but he's been used 4 out if 5 games consistently. It will take a miracle for him to sustain such a workload and not suffer any unwanted physical consequences from that. 

It would be wise for Mike Elias to go find another closer / setup man before the trade deadline just in case, because it’s a long way to get to the playoffs. And if anything happens to Felix, I don’t know how this team is going to close out games like this the rest of the way. 

These close games are so nerve racking that I now have a headache.

15 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Had no idea that Baumann's W/L record is that good: now 7-0.

Kinda wild. I had noticed his record when I was looking something up on him last week. ERA currently is 3.49

Was looking at some other unlikely W/L records of relievers:

Brach was 10-4 in '16 / 2.04 ERA

O'Day was 7-1 in '12 /  2.28 ERA

As for as W/L,  Baumann may likely eclipse theirs with win pct., though his ERA is not close, for now. 

2 minutes ago, Baltimorecuse said:

Our ERA for the series was 3.5.  I still don't think our pitching is getting enough respect.

So glad we're past that Dodgers series. I shudder to look at the ERA for that one. Glad they're doing whatever it takes to win and be able to climb atop AL East. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Paul in Virginia said:

I'll take a shot at it.

I'm guessing you're like most of us here; born and raised in Maryland, and you have this team in your heart in the backdrop of your life, regardless of what state/country you reside in now.

Nope, never lived in MD. But devoted O'ds fan since 1962, and after 2016-17 had pretty much given up on seeing the Orioles in a postseason game. I had talked myself into believing it wouldn't hapen this year.