The Loop could be closing..

bigbird

Right, but I have a feeling we will at least give him a crack at it since we can't send him down. But if not, then we have two spots for like 3239256343pitchers.

An issue that's going to crop up real soon will be finding enough innings in the spring with which to evaluate all 323,925,634.

Lockers also. Locker space will be really tight.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Right, but I have a feeling we will at least give him a crack at it since we can't send him down. But if not, then we have two spots for like 3239256343pitchers.

If they sign Looper thats 2 spots for 5 guys out of options, not counting anyone else really stepping up. Some real competition.

I certainly hope it for no more than 1 and and option.

If Looper does get inked, that would pretty much close the loop on the acquisition part of the off-season (major league level, anyway). Then it's on to Roberts, position player off-load (either Scott or Huff or Freel), and unclogging the extensive list of pitcher candidates.

This actually makes sense if you think about it...To me, the Wigginton and Looper signings are kind of tied together.

With Looper in the fold, you can now feel good about a 12 man staff, which means you carry a normal 4 man bench...thus the signing of Wigginton.

The Orioles could have been an 85 win team last season had they actually had a ML average rotation because of their potent offense. It sounds like we could actually have that this season...

This actually makes sense if you think about it...To me, the Wigginton and Looper signings are kind of tied together.

With Looper in the fold, you can now feel good about a 12 man staff, which means you carry a normal 4 man bench...thus the signing of Wigginton.

Exactly. Totally agree.

Ah, how people forget our recent pitching woes.

Personally, I welcome the 322, 409 pitchers reporting this spring as it only means the rotation will have more options going into the season. Guthrie and Uehara seem to be the only locks - unless the latter tanks - so Looper being added to the mix is not a bad thing.

I just hope guys like Penn, Ray, and Liz are given chances to fill out the pen.

Archived