Orioles related trade rumors and speculation leading up to the deadline

Roll Tide

31 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Dubroff thinks a starter and reliever. Elias doesn’t want rentals. May have to cave mentioned Lorezen. Talked about Carlson possibly. Talked about Ortiz coming up …Going to be moves coming. Said he expects tomorrow to be an interesting day for Orioles fans.

"May have to cave"?? Is that the name of a podcast or something, or is someone suggesting to cave for a mediocre player? I don't follow the internet.

31 minutes ago, Fan4Life said:

I watch Hader close yesterday leading 5-2 in the 9th.. it wasn't pretty. Got the final out with the bases loaded. Pitches were erratic, walked a couple I believe...  

And I agree with you on Verlander.. .103 pitches yesterday to get through 5.1 innings... 

I keep saying that Brooks Raley would be a better move than Hader. Much more cost effective (I would assume) and would probably yeild better results.

14 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

This seems legit:

image.thumb.png.2ffb6b3f7525435c28879cdd534ebdc1.png

I know right?  Much rather just trade for Cease alone than offer that package for those 3.  What an awful deal that would be for us, and one of those guy was saying not enough, lol.

1 minute ago, O's84 said:

I know right?  Much rather just trade for Cease alone than offer that package for those 3.  What an awful deal that would be for us, and one of those guy was saying not enough, lol.

Also why would the Orioles want Tim Anderson he's been in decline the past two seasons and has a -1.3 WAR this year. The Orioles have multiple better options to play 2B. 

Some of why my gut feel is something bigger could occur these 27.75 hours is I believe it would be helpful for the most important negotiation before Elias - the billion dollar one with Adley, Gunnar, Grayson and Holliday.

Elias is working to induce one domino to fall, and its a two way street....they are all looking at John Angelos' organization.

A Club can raise its floor by getting better at analysis, and also not overextending Jorge Lopez or using below replacement level players on purpose.     The trek up the Wins Above Average ladder isn't as easy to fake.

John Morosi  (typing while listen …..please forgive typos)

Lorenzen and E Rod and Tigers…. Tigers need position players. Ortiz and Mateo. Heavy talks ….

Cease is available…high priced

Civale …

Mariners need young bats, Logan and Gilbert available but hard to get. Dipoto aggressive. They are stuck …. Needs to get better. Seawold is the logical guy to move. 

Padres ? Leaning toward buying or standing pat.

Orioles need 3-4 high leverage guys they can trust late.

Are Pirates done selling?  Bednar is a tough guy to give up. Hate moving him due to local guy. Probably Keller is more likely. 

Dillion Carlson, Flaherty, …. Should be dealt ….have a team that knows how to use these types in spurts…mentions Dodgers

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Lorenzen and E Rod and Tigers…. Tigers need position players. Ortiz and Mateo. Heavy talks ….

Civale …

Mariners need young bats, Logan and Gilbert available but hard to get. Dipoto aggressive. They are stuck …. Needs to get better. Seawold is the logical guy to move. 

Are Pirates done selling?  Bednar is a tough guy to give up. Hate moving him due to local guy. Probably Keller is more likely. 

Dillion Carlson, Flaherty, …. Should be dealt ….have a team that knows how to use these types in spurts…mentions Dodgers

Logan and Gilbert?  That’s the same person. 

Did he say the Os are talking to Detroit about Mateo and Ortiz?

15 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

"May have to cave"?? Is that the name of a podcast or something, or is someone suggesting to cave for a mediocre player? I don't follow the internet.

Was an interview on the radio…..May not be able to get a cost controlled guy and have no choice but a rental.

2 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Civale …

3 to 4 high leverage guys?   I think adding Wells to the bullpen and getting one more quality BP arm should suffice.