Wednesday, July 26: rubber match in Philly, slightly earlier than normal start

SteveA

1 minute ago, slakattack said:

Hmmm, let me think about this...star Yankee making dramatic return in front of bus loads of Skanks fans at OPACY, what could possibly go wrong?

I think the Orioles will be rested and ready. NYY are the ones who should be very worried about this series.

Just now, O's84 said:

Bad luck series and some bad plays, it happens.  Rest up tomorrow and then be ready for the Yanks.

I will chalk it up to the fatigue of a very intense road trip. This team has rebounded every time all year.

• Upvote 1

Elias and Hyde need to have a talk unless the plan was to just do the best you can against the Phils. Did not play winning baseball.  Again Rays series they were balling.  Not so much against the Phils, veteran, battle tested team took advantage. 

Yesterday's Hyde debacle is causing us to be on a losing streak.  I can accept a loss today if we won the winnable game yesterday.  Teams in the past like Mariana Rivera,Dennis Eckersley, Rollie Fingers didn't worry about resting them when the team can win. Hyde's desicion to not use Batista is worse than McKenna dropped ball in Boston. I am sorry for showing my frustration of what Hyde did. I know it can't be changed.

8 hours ago, dtk9119 said:

Judge coming back changes a lot

Also Rodón pitched his best game since returning last night. Two of thei other injured outfielders are back (Allen, Bauers) and Nelson Cortes and Jonathan Loáisiga are supposed to return in August. That's a whole lot of reinforcements.

• Upvote 1