Elias press conference notes

Sports Guy

The fact that they are ramping Hall up is good.  I agree “mid-90s” isn’t premium Hall, but they probably weren’t going to wait until he was 97-98 before having him resume pitching in games.   We’ll see how it goes.  It will be good to have him available if the big club needs him at some point.  

41 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Haha.  Mid 90’s.   Gotten his velocity back?   I’m not falling for that.  If I don’t see him touching high 90’s (at least the 97 Tony said he was touching as a starter) in short stints, it’s not back.   Radar reading at Hall’s game was 94.4.   95 counts as mid 90’s but I expect more if he’s 100%.

Last year, including his start when his velocity was down, Hall averaged 96.2 MPH on his fastball and hit 98 several times in relief. The 94.4 is better than the 93.2 he averaged in his appearance this year, but still not where it was last year.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, waroriole said:

I don’t know where he got #3 and #5. Especially 5

Maybe #5 is a deduction that Holliday is sick right now, and they've found he's allergic to the minor leagues so they should just bring him up to save him the pain of dealing with the symptoms.

I have no idea who that guy is tweeting but I agree with you, I have no idea where those things were drawn out of that press conference. 

• Like 1

Just now, Matt S said:

The Joey Ortiz comment is really interesting. Elias is either building him up for other teams or he genuinely believes he will be our SS .

Elias really knows how to keep us guessing. That's for sure.

He should be our shortstop RIGHT NOW!

• Upvote 1