Sunday July 30: Final game vs Yankees on ESPN Sunday Night Baseball

SteveA

Just now, 86this said:

Saw Westburg on the line after the win.

I mean, even if he was traded midgame it's not like he'd just go pack his bags and disappear from the stadium before the final out. Sheesh.

That said, I'm not committing to the idea of a trade, yet.

3 hours ago, eddie83 said:

He was a heck of a player. Very underrated.
I recall he hit a HR when I went to Cal’s next to last game. 

I was at the game too. Very cool. Did you stay after the game when Cal was signing autographs deep into the night and into the morning hours?

9 hours ago, Hallas said:

Last outing Cano looked like had early season command but for some reason didn't throw his splitter much.  Today he threw his splitter and voila, results.

Actually, he threw the heck out of his slider so that was obviously something he was working on. He threw 9 sliders, 5 4-seam fastballs, and only two sinkers and one changeup. 

That was completely different than the mostly sinker, changeup guy he's been this year. 

Out of the nine sliders, he got three swings and two whiffs despite only throwing 4 of 9 for strikes. He used his 4-seam fastball to get strikes throwing 4 of 5 for strikes. 

It was actually pretty interesting to see the changes. This backs up my theory that it wasn't that his stuff at ticked down, just that hitters had made adjustments to him. Now he's making adjustments back. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Actually, he threw the heck out of his slider so that was obviously something he was working on. He threw 9 sliders, 5 4-seam fastballs, and only two sinkers and one changeup. 

That was completely different than the mostly sinker, changeup guy he's been this year. 

Out of the nine sliders, he got three swings and two whiffs despite only throwing 4 of 9 for strikes. He used his 4-seam fastball to get strikes throwing 4 of 5 for strikes. 

It was actually pretty interesting to see the changes. This backs up my theory that it wasn't that his stuff at ticked down, just that hitters had made adjustments to him. Now he's making adjustments back. 

You know, I rewatched and you're right on the sliders.  I watched on mobile and some of them looked like changeups.

Was that actually a 4-seamer he threw yesterday?  The movement profile was pretty similar to the 2-seamer horizontally, but it just seemed to have a little more lift.  I'm not 100% convinced that they were different pitches but I'm not a pitching expert.