How disappointed will you be if we dont make any major moves, or ANY moves?

Roy Firestone

I think Elias MUST add a reasonably solid reliever, maybe a left-hander if possible. We simply dont know Elias' financial constraints with Angelos. My guess is that Elias will not go bold and hope that we can get Means and GRod continues to pitch well at high innings count...would not be terrible to get an innings eater. Im not sure we're going to blow anyone's minds before Tuesday night. I think we also dont know how much other teams want from us, for mainly rentals....

Top team in the AL with the #1 farm system, Yankees are in last in the east, what is there to be disappointed about... I think he will make a few calculated moves with bullpen add, 4th OF(insurance for injuries/if Cowser struggles deep into August) and inning eating veteran with Gibson like numbers. 

• Upvote 1

I'm cautiously optimistic that Fujinami is going to be a difference maker but I'll still be fairly upset if we don't make another significant move.  We have too much depth in the farm and clear needs at the major league level while we lead the AL in wins. 

Edited by Hallas
  • Upvote 1

I generally don't like the idea of giving up quality prospects for rentals but we do have an infield glut. So I'd be OK parting with some infield talent. 

As far as relievers, we can use Cano in less high leverage situations and use Fuji as the setup man. For the rest of the year Wells and even Kremer may turn into long relievers.

We badly need a vet starter (or two lol).

I am hoping for a multi year run of excellence.   Meaning if we trade from out of our top 10 ranked players for some minor help, then great.  If we get a real difference maker that doesn’t cost us a top 5 talent, I am good with that too.   Anything else is tossing away talent for the crapshoot of a postseason.  I am enjoying watching winning baseball.   Not getting greedy this year with the holes in our pitching.   But, I trust our GM to balance long term vs short term.  

You can't be disappointed if you didn't have any expectations.

I thought you guys would know better after the off-season we just had.  And while O'Hearn has been a fantastic pickup and Frazier hasn't been nearly as awful as we all expected, no one here can tell me that they're expecting Elias to be the guy to swing for the fences with a major move that nets us the established talent (aka a big name).

Until he does it, I'll remain skeptical.  And I am an Elias fan, a big one.  But I just think there's patterns to his game here that no one wants to accept.  Like I said, until he does it, I'm not expecting it.

It's one of the OH mantras...complain, complain, complain, never taking the time to pause and learn and understand about the very thing that you're complaining about.

To not deal from a position of strength while also not addressing multiple pitching needs would be the height of foolishness and a signal to the fan base that the Angelos family will always cry poor. The Baltimore Orioles play not to have the #1 farm system year in and out but to go on playoff runs. Eduardo Rodriguez or the like would go a long way in helping me with my JA trust issues.