Bryan Baker Optioned

ThisIsBirdland

4 minutes ago, SilverRocket said:

Flaherty is on the team and has to be put on the roster. Who else should go?

I figured the answer was something like this, I wasn't sure how much leeway a team gets before they actually need to add an acquired player to the active roster.  He's been on the team for less than 24 hours I thought we'd have a little more time before being forced to add him but I don't know exactly how those rules work. 

24 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Baker has been one of the bigger disappointments this season.  He has electric stuff at times but I was ready to throw my phone at the TV the other day when he got ahead 0-2 on some chump (IKF?) and then couldn't put him away.

He looked better than Bautista in April with a 1.88 ERA and .767 WHIP.  Crazy how far he fell.

28 minutes ago, dzorange said:

This is very surprising to me. I'm more of a Baker supporter than most, but the guy has the capability to strike guys out in high leverage situations. I'd prefer him in the 'pen over the likes of Irvin, Krebiel, or Perez at this point.

Perez has no options remaining. Irvin only has one.

Baker won't be needed fir anything high leverage tonight.  Those guys are rested after a very slow bullpen night last night.  It had to be somebody....I don't hate the move.  Plus, two of the guys you mentioned are left-handed, and we need them for matchups.

Edited by Sanity Check
added more color

The ERA is low because he's been donating it to 50% of the pitchers he comes in behind. 

Glad to see the FO understands this. Krehbiel has weird numbers at AAA but he came in yesterday 100% business and looking incredible. No messing around letting up 4 more runs in a blowout. Just shut it down. Good for him. 

Meanwhile, I hope Baker finds some command and whatever happened to 98-100 mph. 

Edited by interloper

20 minutes ago, interloper said:

The ERA is low because he's been donating it to 50% of the pitchers he comes in behind. 

Glad to see the FO understands this. Krehbiel has weird numbers at AAA but he came in yesterday 100% business and looking incredible. No messing around letting up 4 more runs in a blowout. Just shut it down. Good for him. 

Meanwhile, I hope Baker finds some command and whatever happened to 98-100 mph. 

Does Krehbiel have any options remaining?