OPACY Is Not Ready For The Playoffs

cboemmeljr

One observation from last night's sell out game:  the Park is not ready for the playoffs.  The new food vendor, Brick and Whistle, is ill prepared for those crowds.  My son waited in line for three innings for food.  Two other friends waited that long as well.  It was sheer chaos on Eutaw St. and in the parking lots as well.  If they don't get their stuff together, there will be many, many unhappy fans.   

• Upvote 1

Last night was the most crowded I have ever seen the ballpark since it opened.  I have never seen the concourse so crowded and I went when they sold out in beginning years.  I am sure they don’t have enough labor not really expecting these crowds at the beginning of the season.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, accinfo said:

Last night was the most crowded I have ever seen the ballpark since it opened.  I have never seen the concourse so crowded and I went when they sold out in beginning years.  I am sure they don’t have enough labor not really expecting these crowds at the beginning of the season.  

For me as well.  They need to up their game now before it is too late.  Even previous playoff games were better than yesterday was.

32 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Agreed. Fans are now allowed to bring food into the ballpark. I highly recommend taking advantage of the new (old) policy. Last game I attended we dropped $60 on three individual pizzas.

It's not the cost, it is what it is, just EXPENSIVE with low quality at times.  My point is, the customer service has to be EFFICIENT and much BETTER than it currently is.  We are now in to August and it seems nothing has improved since Opening Day.  The ballpark needs to be on its A game for the playoffs.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, accinfo said:

Good planning.  It's smart when you hometown team doesn't plan for what will happen if the O's are an exciting, winning team and fans actually start showing up.

Pretty sure they announced a job fair or something similar recentl to fill positions for the rest of the season. It will take time to staff up. It only makes good business sense to staff only for the business you expect. The team and crowds have exceeded that so they’ve already shown signs of trying to adjust. 

• Upvote 4

56 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Look it's simple.

Once the fans show that they are willing to come out to the ballpack they will look into expanding the concessions.

If the fans keep supporting the team through attendance things will be ramped up for the 2024 season.

They don’t need to expand the concessions. They need to decease the lines …….

• Upvote 2