Bama wins recruiting war again.

mrbig1

I wore my colors proud the very night of the Iron Bowl. I was in B'Ham that weekend and went out to dinner after the game wearing my Auburn hoodie. I don't know what Auburn fans your talking to but win or lose it's always better to be a burner than a bammer.:D

This past football season was my first ever outside of the state of Alabama, and i was thankful for it so i didn't have to put up with all the Bama fans coming out of the woodworks (although there were a few in South Carolina as well). I made a few trips back home to Birmingham throughout the fall and i noticed that atleast one third of the houses on my street were now flying Bama flags. I had no idea these people were even Bama fans. You could literally see dust on the flags from where they had been sitting dormant for the past few years. All i could do is chuckle.:laughlol:

If you try to rub in wins to Alabama fans (which we did for 6 straight years...remember?) all they do is bring up the 12 mythical national championships that they claim including one's like in 1941 when they lost 2 games, didn't even win the SEC title, and finished 20th in the final AP poll.:rolleyes:

This seems to be pretty common. I'm not having a go at you or anything, just making an honest observation. Much of Auburn's fan base is made of alums whereas Bama's is made up of many people whose only affiliation with Bama is having merely grown up in the state or in your case having some sort of family connection. I guess that's the way it goes with most state universities but I would venture to say Bama has the highest percentage of fans in all of college football that have never even stepped foot on the campus. That kinda just adds to the annoyance of the Alabama fan.

But you are an O's fan, so i guess I can't give you too hard of a time...you've atleast got one thing right :D;)

I think someone needs a nap.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would agree that the SEC West will belong to LSU or Bama in 2009. Not so sure in 2010. Arkansas has a ton of new talent and shouldn't be counted out. Heck, the past two years have been down for us and we beat LSU twice---once in Death Valley and the other in Little Rock. We have traditionally been a mid-tier SEC team, but a TON of money is being filtered into that program lately.

I would agree that the SEC West will belong to LSU or Bama in 2009. Not so sure in 2010. Arkansas has a ton of new talent and shouldn't be counted out. Heck, the past two years have been down for us and we beat LSU twice---once in Death Valley and the other in Little Rock. We have traditionally been a mid-tier SEC team, but a TON of money is being filtered into that program lately.

I wasn't counting them out. They have the right coach for the job. By 2011 all bets are off. The Hogs will be ready to win not only the west but the SEC.

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see Ole Miss come out of the West next year. They almost won at Bama last year and destroyed LSU in Baton Rouge. LSU and Bama have question marks at QB, whereas Ole Miss is set at QB with Snead who is the best QB in the West and only behind Tebow in the whole conference. They get Bama, LSU, and Tenn all at home. I'm starting to convince myself that we'll see them in Atlanta in 2009.

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see Ole Miss come out of the West next year. They almost won at Bama last year and destroyed LSU in Baton Rouge. LSU and Bama have question marks at QB, whereas Ole Miss is set at QB with Snead who is the best QB in the West and only behind Tebow in the whole conference. They get Bama, LSU, and Tenn all at home. I'm starting to convince myself that we'll see them in Atlanta in 2009.

I think Ole Miss will take a small step backwards... Losing two NFL 1st round caliber linemen (one offensive, one defensive) will be noticeable IMO.

Archived