Saturday, August 19: O's vs A's continue the Battle of the Vowels in California

SteveA

Just now, Alasdaire said:

We're running out of time for Fuji to be someone you can run out there in the playoffs. There's almost no proof of concept that he's a competent MLB pitcher. There's nothing to hang your hat on other than the radar gun and him ostensibly having a bunch of pitches he can throw. That's not enough to justify appearing in a do-or-die game.

If Means can get ready use him in the bullpen. I trust him a hell of a lot more even if the last time Means pitched was April 2022.

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

If Means can get ready use him in the bullpen. I trust him a hell of a lot more even if the last time Means pitched was April 2022.

Definitely. Even if Means comes back a tick or two down from what he normally throws.

It's honestly shocking to me that Hyde keeps running Fuji out there. A guys like Cionel, sure. He has shown he can pitch in the MLB. Fuji has done nothing of the sort. I'm not even sure I see the "stuff." He just throws hard.

1 minute ago, Alasdaire said:

Definitely. Even if Means comes back a tick or two down from what he normally throws.

It's honestly shocking to me that Hyde keeps running Fuji out there. A guys like Cionel, sure. He has shown he can pitch in the MLB. Fuji has done nothing of the sort. I'm not even sure I see the "stuff." He just throws hard.

Well Elias got a new toy for very little investment and they want to find out what they have.  They will keep running him out there hoping for a Javy Lopez or Voth of last year.   

And honestly Fuji might be able to do it if we sooth his rattled nerves much like we did Javy Lopez last year.  

Just now, Gurgi said:

Well Elias got a new toy for very little investment and they want to find out what they have.  They will keep running him out there hoping for a Javy Lopez or Voth of last year.   

And honestly Fuji might be able to do it if we sooth his rattled nerves much like we did Javy Lopez last year.  

I supported the move by the front office. It's Hyde who I don't get. He threw Fuji out there the day he was acquired in a huge spot against the Rays. And he has continued running him out there in important spots. It's like he has bought into the same hype that many here have even though the performance doesn't reflect that.

I think the experiment was totally worth it. But we're running out of time for him to prove he can be trusted in the playoffs.

• Upvote 1