Angels Series

dystopia

7 hours ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

With Hicks back our team platoons are great again. Good time to give Santander a day or 2 at DH. I wish the broadcast would have picked up on his all time game yesterday. He went 3-2 his first 4 AB’s after missing so much time and no rehab assignment. Putting over 24 pitches on Gallen cannot be understated. As for the series, this team has Brandon Drury and Randal Grichuck hitting middle of the order. We should be fine.

Isn't Randal Grichuck an Oriole killer when he was with Toronto?

13 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

I wish we were..their velocity can’t be that good right now.

Reminds of that great Michael Jordan quote where someone asked him who would win, the 90's Bulls or Lebron's Lakers.  Jordan thought for a moment and said it would be close but he thought the Bulls would would win.  When a reporter asked why he thought it would be close Jordan said "Well most of us are in our 50's now."

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

Reminds of that great Michael Jordan quote where someone asked him who would win, the 90's Bulls or Lebron's Lakers.  Jordan thought for a moment and said it would be close but he thought the Bulls would would win.  When a reporter asked why he thought it would be close Jordan said "Well most of us are in our 50's now."

Yea I remember that quote. So great.

14 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

You've got to remember, I'm 73. -Ty Cobb on why he would only hit .300 against today's pitchers.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

https://www.si.com/mlb/2023/09/04/angels-anthony-rendon-speak-english-spanish-injury-update

Article about Anthony Rendon and the Angels refusal to give any sort of update regarding his injury.  Another weird situation.  What is going on with that franchise?

No one cares about that franchise, so they're not under a terrible amount of scrutiny the way the Yankees would be.  I mean, people watch them but it's because they have a unicorn (Ohtani) and the defining player of a generation (Trout) but I don't think they have much of a fanbase that'll whine about how awful they are.  The song has always been the same with them for a number of years "How can they be so bad with Trout and Ohtani?  How are they messing this up?"

For my money, they're the worst run organization in the game.  I'm sure there are others, it depends on what your metrics are and how you're judging them.  But what the Angels have done over the past 6-7 weeks has been a streak of pathetic management decisions that I don't think anyone else can come quite close to. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

No one cares about that franchise, so they're not under a terrible amount of scrutiny the way the Yankees would be.  I mean, people watch them but it's because they have a unicorn (Ohtani) and the defining player of a generation (Trout) but I don't think they have much of a fanbase that'll whine about how awful they are.  The song has always been the same with them for a number of years "How can they be so bad with Trout and Ohtani?  How are they messing this up?"

For my money, they're the worst run organization in the game.  I'm sure there are others, it depends on what your metrics are and how you're judging them.  But what the Angels have done over the past 6-7 weeks has been a streak of pathetic management decisions that I don't think anyone else can come quite close to. 

White Sox and Royals are up there. Royals somehow have one of the worst farm systems. 

2 minutes ago, dystopia said:

White Sox and Royals are up there. Royals somehow have one of the worst farm systems. 

True, they're both bad.  But neither have bungled a situation (Ohtani and Trout) as poorly as the Angels have.  And while the White Sox and Royals haven't been in a position to go all in at the deadline and then put a bunch of guys on waivers right after, I don't know if either team would.