Wednesday, September 6: Orioles go for sweep in last West Coast game of regular season

SteveA

1 minute ago, Malike said:

He's already said he's going to stay a 2-way player, if he has surgery in the off-season he can still DH next year and pitch in '25. he's getting more than 5/250, I'm pretty sure.

That's what he says. Will a team pay him as a two way player? If he goes for a long term deal he should get $500M minimum. Will someone pay that without seeing him pitch?

Just now, Malike said:

It's sacrilege to say it, but we should all be rooting for the Yankees in every game they have left against the AL East. They can play spoiler.

I checked their past games, and they have been playing pretty good. They went to Houston and swept them. 

Just now, Aristotelian said:

That's what he says. Will a team pay him as a two way player? If he goes for a long term deal he should get $500M minimum. Will someone pay that without seeing him pitch?

I have no doubt. If he wants to pitch, and he's one of the best in baseball, someone will pay him.

2 minutes ago, Malike said:

It's sacrilege to say it, but we should all be rooting for the Yankees in every game they have left against the AL East. They can play spoiler.

Against who? They play Boston and Toronto. Boston is not making the playoffs, and Toronto lost today to Oakland.

1 minute ago, Gurgi said:

I wish Ohtani hadnt got hurt because it was amazing watching a guy be a top ten hitter and a top ten pitcher at the same time.   

I dont ever think we see the likes of him again.   

When kids and young players see the contract he will reportedly get, count on more two-way players showing up.

Just now, Gurgi said:

I wish Ohtani hadnt got hurt because it was amazing watching a guy be a top ten hitter and a top ten pitcher at the same time.   

I dont ever think we see the likes of him again.   

When he is healthy he more like the GOAT of baseball.  It just depends if he can stay healthy as a two way player.  He has done things NO ONE has done in the modern era of baseball.  He is good for the sport.  

• Upvote 1