Os making executive moves

Sports Guy

19 minutes ago, Frobby said:

So, not to get too caught up in titles, but previously Mike Elias was the only Executive Vice President.  Bader was a Senior Vice President, which is a lower title.  Now Bader is Chief Operating Officer, which in most corporate parlance is a higher title than Executive Vice President.  And, the new PR guy has an Executuve VP title, which is equal to Elias’.   Seems to me this should be the time to elevate Elias to President of Baseball Operations and bestow EVP titles on Sig Mejdal and Eve Rosenbaum.   Or maybe John Angelos doesn’t realize that the quality of the baseball team, not PR, drives the value of his business.  

Lots of companies have lots of vice President titles. That’s not unusual.

Plus it’s different parts of the organization.

21 minutes ago, Frobby said:

So, not to get too caught up in titles, but previously Mike Elias was the only Executive Vice President.  Bader was a Senior Vice President, which is a lower title.  Now Bader is Chief Operating Officer, which in most corporate parlance is a higher title than Executive Vice President.  And, the new PR guy has an Executuve VP title, which is equal to Elias’.   Seems to me this should be the time to elevate Elias to President of Baseball Operations and bestow EVP titles on Sig Mejdal and Eve Rosenbaum.   Or maybe John Angelos doesn’t realize that the quality of the baseball team, not PR, drives the value of his business.  

Red Sox just fired their President of baseball Operations. Now is the time to promote before the O's get poached 

• Upvote 1

Hopefully he lasts longer then Vidalin lasted. Not sure what this means for Cal Perry? On the organization leadership chart ,Bader is listed right below Elias,could change. Dealt with Bader a few times and not impressed.His son is nice though. 

Veteran sports executive John Vidalin joins Orioles to oversee revenue, marketing, fan engagement, and ballpark operations areas as chief operating officer for business operations
https://www.mlb.com/press-release/veteran-sports-executive-john-vidalin-joins-orioles-to-oversee-revenue-284061488

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Yes and particularly since the Angelos PR machine has been sooooooo outstanding!! Lol

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Dumb question, but does it matter what the baseball people's titles are? Would their job descriptions change at all? 

The one silver lining I can see here is that it seems even more clear of a signal that they just need to finish dotting the i's on the lease agreement.