Thursday, September 14: the Showdown with the Rays for the AL East begins... 7:15 pm on Fox TV

SteveA

I feel like Adley could use a day off.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I wonder if he's got some mental/visual fatigue and having a hard time seeing/recognizing pitches.  His sense of the strike zone seems to be way off compared to when he's on.  You would think a catcher would be more susceptible to burnout from seeing so many more pitches day to day than other players.  Then again, I've never been a catcher.

Just now, Aristotelian said:

How come Fox doesn't show the zone box? I'd like to see where these pitches are because it looks like Civale got at least 2-3 extra strikes.

Strike 2, debatable because the top edge of the zone is a little subjective and variable.  Strike 3 was 4 inches inside.

1 minute ago, Goober Noodles said:

I feel like Adley could use a day off.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I wonder if he's got some mental/visual fatigue and having a hard time seeing/recognizing pitches.  His sense of the strike zone seems to be way off compared to when he's on.  You would think a catcher would be more susceptible to burnout from seeing so many more pitches day to day than other players.  Then again, I've never been a catcher.

The only reason he didn't see the pitches is the strike zone is awful, imo

• Upvote 1