Update Again Again: OPACY lease officially official, done and approved, for real this time

spleen1015

1 minute ago, DenaOsHon said:

Moore sounds irritated. What a disaster this has become for both Moore and JA.

He really does. 

But credit to the lawmaker who said "hell no" to all those ridiculous Angelos caveats last week. That guy gets it, and I'm glad Moore paused the deal as a result. I'd rather make a good deal where Angelos has much less free reign than the drivel that was proposed. A deal without any State oversight? Uhhh. No. Not when it's Angelos anyway. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I wouldn't call it a disaster for JA.  He's still pretty much a lock to get a 600M payout.

JA is such a slimy weasel, he does not care about it being a disaster.  It's like a team that has a terrible record losing a game by a landslide.  Does it really make that team much more terrible?

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I wouldn't call it a disaster for JA.  He's still pretty much a lock to get a 600M payout.

The Ravens have already outlined how they're going to spend I believe 430 million of the 600 million.  I haven't heard anything about how the O's/JA will spend their 600 million other than the scoreboard, but I'm assuming a lot will be sucked up by "management fees". 

4 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

The Ravens have already outlined how they're going to spend I believe 430 million of the 600 million.  I haven't heard anything about how the O's/JA will spend their 600 million other than the scoreboard, but I'm assuming a lot will be sucked up by "management fees". 

More hoses and an Ahole in the outfield dressed like a spaz to spray the fans?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

More hoses and an Ahole in the outfield dressed like a spaz to spray the fans?

That section was packed every night.  Obviously some fans enjoyed having fun with it.  The players seemed to like the whole faucet, sprinkler, Mr. Splash thing too.

1 hour ago, NCRaven said:

That section was packed every night.  Obviously some fans enjoyed having fun with it.  The players seemed to like the whole faucet, sprinkler, Mr. Splash thing too.

Maybe a section of the outfield where they shoot bags of money into the crowd?  This would go w/ close relationship w/ gambling that modern sports seems to foster.

In any other endeavor, the government receives competing bids, and, ostensibly, picks the best one.   The Governor handing that over to Angelos I will never understand.   It's indefensible.  What has Angelos done in business to make him the logical choice for a development of this magnitude? Several hundred million taxpayer dollars.  The local fishwrap makes a point of saying that even politicians from the Governor's party are in opposition, which is saying something as they are often a rubber stamp.   From the beginning, when Angelos tried to tie this together with the lease, he should have been told, "No."    

Edited by TonySoprano

3 minutes ago, Orioles0615 said:

Or everyone thinking he would spend money on the team when it got good, including Elias who was told the money would be there

I don't understand what you mean?  Do you mean the money is not there?  Of course the money is there.  It is right there where it was and right there where it is going to stay.  You see, what we have here, is a failure to understand context. 😎

• Upvote 1