Felix Bautista to have Tommy John Surgery, likely to miss all of 2024

Orioles Jim

20 minutes ago, Hallas said:

Not sure if any of us really want Josh "Are we in the playoff hunt?" Hader.

Yeah he seems another one of those "million dollar arm, 10 cent head" types. Unlike Mike Wright though, he's actually good. The question is, how much BS are you willing to tolerate for a lockdown reliever?

32 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Too early for me to start looking at that. Saying that, I personally think they will trade for a candidate rather than sign one.

They won't target someone with ML closer experience, as that would be inefficient.  They are going to continue what they've done every offseason: bringing in multiple bp arms, and they will be inexpensive in either trade or dollars, and none of us will probably have heard of any of them.

And if they keep it up, they will be pretty good.

I mean, this was a given as far as surgery.  I said this in the other FB thread.   I have the exact same injury, today.  Have for 2 years.  Just have not gotten surgery but it will never heal on its own.   I have that along with an elbow bone chip from the ligament tearing the bone away, and it is simply impossible to throw a ball overhand with a torn UCL injury.

You can throw underhand.  You can work out lifting weights.  I do both by bowling 3 x a week to a 225 average and weightlifting 4 x a week.  It hurts but you can take it. 

But try throwing  a ball overhand?  I am in excruciating BURNING pain and I am sure Felix, who throws 100 MPH?  Would find it impossible.

This was a given from the time he first injured it and I hate to say this but I said it to my wife watching that all star game appearance....to me that was when something first started to happen. 

Edited by OnlyOneOriole

1 hour ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

The O's need to sign an actual top reliever in the off-season and not just audition a bunch of retreads.

Given our relatively clean balance sheet and glut of options on offense, I would love to see us sign/trade for a frontline starter to complement the top-3 of Bradish-GRod-Means then sign an elite bullpen piece. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

I think it takes that much time to heal/grow. 

Must be. I have never read up on this. I’m sure I can find out the answer in a 2 second google search. 

I was just thinking about it today for some reason. Just odd to me that it takes this long but obviously if they could get guys back sooner, they would.