ALDS Game 1

SteveA

2 hours ago, LA2 said:

Hyde's presser didn't knock down the Q about whether a hit-and-run was on when Henderson went.

Brett Hollander and Ben McDonald seemed to think so on the MASN post-game show. They both agreed that it seemed like Hicks missed the hit & run sign.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Hyde's reaction and the announcers seem to have implied as much. I know Gunnar was thinking to avoid another double play, but that was an awful jump by him.

It might have been Hicks missing a hit & run sign, but I doubt we'll ever know what truly happened.

22 minutes ago, rm5678 said:

Brett Hollander and Ben McDonald seemed to think so on the MASN post-game show. They both agreed that it seemed like Hicks missed the hit & run sign.

Yeah that's what it looks like. It's just too crazy to think that Gunnar went on his own for a straight steal in that situation. Hicks or Frazier would indeed have been the hitters to try it with. Oh well.

5 hours ago, Gurgi said:

This is when the Orioles really miss having some real dominate hitter.   All we have is guys who are so so.   We need a real cleanup hitter.   Santander really is not the guy.  None of our guys are.  Maybe Gunnar will be that guy someday but now he is not there. 

Braves have Acuña. They still lost 3-0 today. Orioles at least scored. Good hitting shuts down good hitting, it happens. They just have to get back at it tomorrow.

5 hours ago, allquixotic said:

It wouldn’t be the team we all root for, know and love, if they didn’t shit the bed when it matters, y’know? It’s kind of the definition of the Orioles for as long as I’ve been alive. Jeffrey Maier; Buck Showalter and Ubaldo Jimenez vs Encarnacion; Matusz vs Ibanez; or laying flat for the Royals… you name it.

I’ve literally never been alive for an Orioles WS appearance and I’m an old man already. I could have a 10 year old kid if I’d had kids when most people do.

You are in your 30's and consider yourself an old man? :)

12 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

Braves have Acuña. They still lost 3-0 today. Orioles at least scored. Good hitting shuts down good hitting, it happens. They just have to get back at it tomorrow.

Of course, I meant good pitching shuts down good hitting.

17 hours ago, Hallas said:

I hated pulling Bradish when we did.  I didn't mind the pinch hitting in the 4th with a runner on 3rd.  The bullpen still is fresh-ish for tomorrow so it's not the end of the world.

He was stretching and grabbing at his back early on. I wonder if there was something else going on. 

23 hours ago, forphase1 said:

And after he strikes out and takes a seat on the bench that matters how?  Hicks did what I expected,  nothing.  He had a nice run with us, and I kinda expect him back next year too as he'll be cheap.   But that doesn't mean I have any faith in him to come through in a key moment. 

2-run single in the first today. And I don't want him taken out of the game in the late innings either.