ALDS Game 1

SteveA

What we saw in this game is a bullpen down a man and have to pitch Webb, and some youthful bad decisions.

Gunnar is going to be a great player, but he's a rookie. He should not have a green light. 

That's a failure of coaching to make sure he knows this isn't some game against the A's in May. 

• Upvote 2

This is when the Orioles really miss having some real dominate hitter.   All we have is guys who are so so.   We need a real cleanup hitter.   Santander really is not the guy.  None of our guys are.  Maybe Gunnar will be that guy someday but now he is not there. 

• Upvote 1

Gunnar with as dumb a play as I have seen in 60 years of watching Os postseason play 

The frustration is that the team we have watched for 7/8 of the season has not shown up once in the last month.  The wins were ugly at best and the losses uglier. 

Just have to play it out and wait for spring 

Just now, nevadaO said:

It definitely is. I was shocked when he went in for defense but honestly, would Hyde pinch run for Gunnar with Mateo? 

I don’t like pinch hitting with O’Hearn there for that reason. But I don’t think he would have subbed Henderson for Mateo.

if nothing else it’s a learning moment for Henderson. We’re not going back to Showalter not using Britton. You play the guys who got you there.

2 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

He is just didn't get used today. With O'Hearn's continued slump it might be worth using Kjerstad the next time a left handed pinch hitter is needed.

I would have used him instead of O’Hearn there and instead of Frazier in the last AB.

Thats Hyder sticking with the vets though. Can’t really fault him for that. 

3 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Hyde's reaction and the announcers seem to have implied as much. I know Gunnar was thinking to avoid another double play, but that was an awful jump by him.

Yeah, it’s a fine line between helmet flying dirt churning catalyst and “oh no. He didn’t just do that did he?”

• Upvote 1