ALDS Game 3: Keeping hope alive

SteveA

4 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Why start Kremer after that Israeli murder thon?  The kid goes to Israel for a month every year and has family over there.  It makes sense he cant concentrate.  Hyde and Elias messed up horribly with pitching Kremer.

I dunno, sometimes guys dealing with crap perform at their best

1 minute ago, Bemorewins said:

I hope one of them is a consistent big power bat. I tend to lean towards Kjerstad, however I am cautious about judging our top minor league hitters (outside of Holliday who is universal regarded as "special" though not a power hitter which I am fine with. But after seeing Westberg destroy AAA (he was leading his league in homers with 17 in June if I recall correctly), and then get to the bigs and hit a meager 2 during half his season here. I'm now in a see it at the big league level before I believe it kind of mode.

I think Mayo is going to be Godzilla with table manners.

Just now, Gurgi said:

Why start Kremer after that Israeli murder thon?  The kid goes to Israel for a month every year and has family over there.  It makes sense he cant concentrate.  Hyde and Elias messed up horribly with pitching Kremer.

I am sure he is disturbed but he doesn’t have any relatives in danger and to our knowledge no close friends in danger either.  No reason he can’t focus in a high pressure situation like this. 

3 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Is the situation over there going to be any better tomorrow?

2 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

He was going to have to start tomorrow if not today right? Maybe he's just not the kind of pitcher who you want pitching with your postseason life on the line? Seems to me he has been inconsistent (up and down) all year, from his first start (home opener) until his last (tonight). IMO he's just a meh pitcher, good #5 starter.

2 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

We won 101 games but honestly I dont understand how they did that well.  Then they went cold the last two weeks of the season and totally collapsed in the playoffs.   Just embarrassing to be honest.  We dont look any good at all.  

Surprised Texas doesnt do the chant "overrated"

I take the 162 game test over the short series.  It’s baseball and even the best teams can, and will, look bad over a 1-2 week stretch.  The Rangers went 4-16 in late August/September.   Did you see the Rays v Rangers series?  Tampa played some of the worst baseball that you could imagine.  The Dodgers are on the verge of getting swept after winning 100 games.  

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

A lot of people are calling the Rangers a "buzzsaw" but as far as I can tell, pitchers not named Kremer, Rodriguez, Baker, or Webb have given up, what, 4 runs in 18 innings? I see no reason that they're invincible.

Pitching Baker in a high leverage situation is one of the more mind boggling managerial decisions I've seen as an Orioles fan. Baker should have never even made the ALDS roster or you make him the last man out of the bullpen. 

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s
  • Upvote 3