ALDS Game 3: Keeping hope alive

SteveA

1 minute ago, Dunk35 said:

Look at the stats. Taveras vs Mullins is a push. And Mountcastle is not better than Lowe. At best we're a push there. 

Disagree.   Mullins has been hurt and has a much better track record.  Mounty and Lowe are closer, but many would say Adley is better than Heim.  I also love what I have seen from Carter but I am really projecting to say he is better than Hays. 

2 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Pitching Baker in a high leverage situation is one of the more mind boggling managerial decisions I've seen as an Orioles fan. Baker should have never even made the ALDS roster or you make him the last man out of the bullpen. 

It’s Elias’ fault for giving him the option.  Irvin should have been on the roster.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, baltfan said:

I am sure he is disturbed but he doesn’t have any relatives in danger and to our knowledge no close friends in danger either.  No reason he can’t focus in a high pressure situation like this. 

His brother is in the military.

2 minutes ago, 24fps said:

I think Mayo is going to be Godzilla with table manners.

I'm not exactly sure what that means. But I HOPE he can be a good consistent power hitter. The problem is IMO there is only 1 place for either he or Kjerstad unless you want to displace Westburg from 3B with Mayo and use Kjerstad as DH/1B/RF? In any case, I hope we get a proven commodity to go along with adding our elite prospects. I don't want a roster this inexperienced going into next postseason. IMO we need some good vets to add to this team.

5 minutes ago, baltfan said:

It’s Elias’ fault for giving him the option.  Irvin should have been on the roster.  

Agreed I think the Orioles worried too much about having too many lefties in the bullpen over picking the obviously better pitcher. Plus Irvin can go multiple innings if needed.

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s
  • Upvote 1

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Agreed I think the Orioles worried too much about having too make lefties in the bullpen over picking the obviously better pitcher. Plus Irvin can go multiple innings if needed.

Yeah, once Means was out of the picture and we were likely going to have to start both Gibson and Kremer, we needed a long man in the pen and Irvin would have been the best man for the job.

Baker over Irvin on the playoff roster is just a mystifying decision.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Agreed I think the Orioles worried too much about having too make lefties in the bullpen over picking the obviously better pitcher. Plus Irvin can go multiple innings if needed.

I think they were also obsessed with getting guys that throw harder. 

Edited by baltfan
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bemorewins said:

I'm not exactly sure what that means. But I HOPE he can be a good consistent power hitter. The problem is IMO there is only 1 place for either he or Kjerstad unless you want to displace Westburg from 3B with Mayo and use Kjerstad as DH/1B/RF? In any case, I hope we get a proven commodity to go along with adding our elite prospects. I don't want a roster this inexperienced going into next postseason. IMO we need some good vets to add to this team.

Easy they don't have to bring back O'Hearn. He's a platoon player at best and should not be blocking a hitter like Mayo. If one of these young prospects steps up it's on Elias to make the hard decisions and trade someone to make room.

IMO I don't think it matter what players we chose for the postseason roster or what moves Hyde made or didn't make. They were just much better in this series. We can't get them out no matter which pitchers we have tried to use. 

We are going to need to get better next year (by adding talent) and then play better when it matters most, simple as that.

• Upvote 1