"Beliefs Bigger than Baseball"

glenn__davis

On 10/18/2023 at 11:05 AM, RZNJ said:

There are 6 names, if my math is correct, either mentioned or quoted.

Tyler Wells

Kyle Gibson

Danny Coulombe

Adley Rutschman

Austin Hays

Gunnar Henderson

Someone said that there were no Hispanic players in the group.  Seems like Coulombe is Hispanic.  I'm glad that there is something that draws the team together.  I'm a Christian, but I don't care if it's Christianity, anime, car hotrodding, or atheism, I'm just glad they like each other and build positive energy and team attitude together.  The teamwork and attitude of this team is a big part of the winning to me, just like the "me first" everyone for themselves attitude was a big part of the losing in 2018.

7 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Someone said that there were no Hispanic players in the group.  Seems like Coulombe is Hispanic. 

Not that I really want to feed this discussion, but Coulombe is at least a third generation American.  His grandfather served as a turret gunner in WWII and won the Silver Star.   The guys RZNJ is talking about are the guys who were born overseas.   

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Not that I really want to feed this discussion, but Coulombe is at least a third generation American.  His grandfather served as a turret gunner in WWII and won the Silver Star.   The guys RZNJ is talking about are the guys who were born overseas.   

I see, so trying to see division on the team when there is none.  It's the English only Christian group.  The foreign born Hispanic members of the team must be so angry they are excluded, not to mention the atheists on the team. 

• Haha 1

On 10/18/2023 at 11:14 AM, Moose Milligan said:

As someone who was raised Christian and is sprinting towards agnosticism, I really don't care.  To SG's point, glad to see they're tight knit.  I don't care if they bond over the Bible or trips to Hooters.

As far as wondering about the demographics of the players interviewed, that's an eye roll.

Speaking for 16 year old me, I would have 100% been more active in my church's youth group if they had held their meetings at Hooters. 

• Haha 2

I was taught that a square is a rectangle, but a rectangle isn't necessarily a square, but can be. Catholic, and other protestant religions, are the square. Christian is the rectangle. Well, that's how I see it at least, considering the first 6 letters of Christian.

As an aside, I've read the old and new testament. If you ever do that, for totally non-religious reasons, I recommend skipping the book of numbers.